• Overall 5+ years of experience as Devops Developer who is motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active with an excellent 'can-do' attitude and 'go-to' personal.
• Development / operations (devops) of application server clusters comprised of several hundreds nodes.
• Responsibility for operations of ~50 monitoring servers (CentOS, RHEL), managed by Ansible/Puppet.
• Expert-level understanding of Linux/Unix administration and internals. • Expert in implementing continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Rundeck.
• Adept at identifying process inefficiencies and improving them by developing automation systems and processes. Deep understanding of end-users' needs and selecting the best technology tools to meet project requirements.
• Extensive analytical and troubleshooting experience with both hardware and software. Broad-based professional background lending to an expanded understanding of diverse business processes.
• Expert-level understanding of source-code management principles and systems, particularly git.
• Strong experience in Installing, Configuring, Tuning and Administering of web servers like IBM Http Server, Apache Web Server, IIS and the Plugins.
• Experience in Application Management by using Application Assembling Tool used in assembling EAR files and JAR files.
• Experience in Installation and deployment of various monitoring solutions like HP SiteScope, Splunk, CA Inroscope, Zabbix, etc.
• Expert knowledge and ability to formulate and convert high level design to a detailed OpenStack design with well-defined integration points and interfaces.
• Expert knowledge and ability in selecting, designing and developing a tool-chains with loosely coupled software components.
• SME as a network, compute and storage architect, design, deployment, support and trouble shooting and problem resolution. Conducted assessments and architected designs for numerous clients in several industries from manufacturing, telecommunications, mobile, entertainment, and government to healthcare.
• Worked on Data-Center operation and migration across Unix and Linux platforms • Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP).
• Ability to work independently as well as a team member. Experienced in Trouble shooting and Back and Recovery.
• Knowledge about Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
• Standardized Splunk agent deployment, configuration and maintenance across a variety of UNIX and Windows platforms, • Troubleshooting Splunk server and agent problems and issues.
• Created Dashboards, report, scheduled searches and alerts. • Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile and DevOps process.
• Provide Regular support guidance to Splunk project teams on complex solution and issue resolution.
• Involved in standardizing Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms.
• Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
• Integrated Service Now with Splunk to generate the Incidents from Splunk.
• Created many of the proof-of-concept dashboards for IT operations, and service owners which were used to monitor application and server health.
• Expertise in Actuate Reporting, development, deployment, management and performance tuning of Actuate reports.
• Parsed, Indexed, Searched concepts Hot, Warm, Cold, Frozen bucketing.
• Onboard new log sources with log analysis and parsing to enable SIEM correlation.
• Subject matter expert in best practices, security protocols, PKI, and other security-related issues.
• Analyzed large datasets to identify metrics, drivers, performance gaps and opportunities for improvement.
• Worked on large datasets to generate insights and communicate insights to guide strategic roadmap.
• Performed field extraction using IFX in an event action.
• Very good understanding of software development life-cycle (SDLC) process, Followed Agile scrum and story maps for dev tracking.
• Involved in interacting with business owners, Developers and business analysts in improving the application.
• Implemented JMS in order to generate appointment logs.
• Used Splunk tool in order to analyze the logs in the applications.
• Gained in depth knowledge on Ant build and Web Sphere servers.
• Involved in handling various Incident and request related to the application.
• Involved in monitoring the ticketing tool and taking the ownership of the tickets.
• Worked on various defects analysis and fixed the
• Problem record analysis and solution providing.
Environment: Splunk 6.1.3, Splunk 6.2, Unix, Oracle 11g, Service Now, MS SQL Server 2012, SQL server, Python Scripting
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: