CorporateMeetings & Events Director • Director of Exhibitions
Dynamic and motivated event executive offering 30+ years of experience known for concept-to-execution strategies, with proven success in growing revenue and event management across a variety of business. Exceptional leadership qualities, with a high ability to handle financial management, along with efficiently managing projects and coaching individuals to success. Skilled in building cross-functional teams, demonstrating exceptional communication skills and making critical decisions during challenges.
Director of two TSNN Fastest 50 trade shows. Spearheaded the development of a strategic plan to advance the event's mission and objectives and promote revenue, profitability, and growth to both trade shows. The International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo is a $5,500,000+ event with 520+ exhibiting companies utilizing 137,500+ net square feet of space, 45 conference sessions, and 9,500+ professionals from 70 countries. The International Roofing Expo is a $8,00,000+ event with 480+ exhibiting companies utilizing 164,000+ net square feet of space, 44 conference sessions, and 14,300+ professionals from 65 countries.
• Created strategic plans to achieve revenue goals and increased value proposition by generating new ideas, new formats, and address challenges.
• Analyzed existing and potential markets to identify and launch new segments for the events.
• Developed and analyze KPIs for future strategic planning, growth opportunities and products.
• Set aggressive targets for sales to drive event success and strengthen motivation.
• Used trade shows and events expertise, customer service skills and analytical nature to resolve customer concerns and promote loyalty.
• Cultivated strong relationships with key stakeholders and vendors, acting as a point of contact, monitoring service levels through internal and external communication, customer service and customer retention.
• Negotiated contracts for facilities, hotels, and vendors to ensure the lowest cost, while maintaining high-quality service for show management and exhibitors.
• Evaluated employee performance on a yearly basis and conveyed constructive feedback to improve skills.
• Analyzed team strengths and leveraged individual assets to reach business goals efficiently. communicated company vision and objectives to motivate teams.
Director of IFT Food Expo, a Gold 100 event. Developed a strategic plan to advance IFT's mission and objectives and promote revenue, profitability, and growth to the trade show. The AMFE is a $6,000,000+ top tier trade show and conference hosting over 20,000 people, 1,000+ exhibiting companies utilizing 230,000+ net square feet.
• Fiscal responsibility for $6,000,000+ budget maintaining financial accuracy while increasing net profit and decreasing expenses.
• Conceptualized and implemented successful programs including customer service improvement, on-floor activities, education programs, and sponsorships.
• Modernized and improved processes and procedures to increase efficiency and profitability while tightly controlling costs.
• Served as key relationship builder; functioning as the "voice of IFT" to the exhibitor community.
• Executed all operations of the trade show including sales initiatives, negotiating/contracting, design of key areas, development of decor and increased customer service.
• Supervised the service contractor including providing detailed spec sheets, effective exhibit data transfer, IFT Central booth and other pavilion production, meeting rooms on floor, floor plan development, etc.
• Led and nurtured a high performing team including sales, marketing, and operations, mentoring to build thought leaders.
• Monitored social media and online sources for industry trends.
• Increased customer satisfaction and repeat business through problem-solving, conflict resolution, and clarifying misunderstandings; protecting company reputation and loyal client base.
Managed domestic and international meetings and trade shows for multiple association clients to support strategic initiatives, ensure growth and managed Board of Directors and volunteer committees' relationships.
• Interviewed associations to understand event scopes of work, establish budgets and develop project management plan.
• Supported senior leadership by developing status reports on activities related to planning, scheduling, cancellation, inquiries, resourcing, risk mitigation and proposal development for events.
• Executed all aspects of the event including fulfilling clients' contractual obligations, communications, negotiations, schedule creation, P&L administration, sales initiatives, volunteer committee facilitation, and meeting specifications.
• Researched and implementing marketing cost-saving initiatives and creating fresh new approaches to long-standing challenges.
• Evaluated existing processes, operational best practices, and procedures to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Increased customer service and generated client retention by understanding their requirements, managing quality assurance programs including on-site evaluations, internal audits and customer surveys, and provide exceptional service.
• Led cross-functional teams from all levels resulting in improved team performance, collaboration, and teamwork.
Job Titles Held: