Experienced Logistics Manager proficient at monitoring operational pulse to deliver relevant information to all major internal customers and stakeholders. Accustomed to working with multiple entities to achieve business goals for logistics efficiency, cost containment and contract integrity. Works quickly and maintains focus while providing top-notch customer service.
assignedtoworkgroupgroups interface other workgroups Interface directly with the customer to ensure issues are resolved promptly while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction
· Strategic operational planning and execution for daily operation
· Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity results
· Responsible for hiring staff. Supervise and manage performance for employees, to maintain a positive employee relations environment at anassigned account(s)
· Maintain open and effective communications within the workgroup(s) and with other workgroups within the organization. Review data, identify and implement necessary actions as required
· Manage the profit and loss statements based on the complexity and scope of the organization
· Lead a proactive safety program within the workgroup(s) consistent with company policy to provide a safe and secure work environment. Instruct and enforce location safety management plans, training and processes. Monitor the maintenance of equipment for assigned workgroup(s) by using checklists and observations as required
Responsible for payroll
Responsible for Audits
· Perform other duties as assigned
Communicate daily/shift goal of facility and group(s); devise, communicate and implement plans to obtain operational goals; work with and motivate employees to ensure goal achievement; provide progress or constraint updates to management and implement corrective measures as needed.
· Provide leadership for employees through in depth training and continuous review of employee understanding of policies, procedures and processes; create a productive work environment through effective communication, coaching, motivating and leading by example
· Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results
· Hire, train and supervise Leads, Customer Logistics Supervisors (CLS), and/or hourly employees in the assigned work group(s)
· Support and aid in the development of system and process training for employees in the work group(s); perform administrative functions to include tracking of time, attendance and performance feedback
· Instruct and enforce location safety management plans, training and processes
· Assign employees to individual tasks and ensure required tools are available
· Perform other duties as assigned
Performance management of direct reports - Developing direct reports
· Employee relations/issue resolution – New employee training
· Disciplinary Actions
· Quality Assurance, administrative duties
· Customer satisfaction/problem resolution
· Ensure functional area meets all productivity goals and objectives
· Safety management and reporting
Led an 11 member distribution team across two staggered shifts in a 60,000 Sq. Ft. facility.
Personally oversaw safety, (no recordable or near-miss incidents in over 3,000 days. Managed employee productivity, security, and equipment maintenance for distribution personnel. Managed budget, payroll, and purchasing. Scheduled associates to ensure on-time shipments yet control expenses.
• Drove key cost reduction programs. Directed LEAN events, including: 6-S, Kaizen, continuous improvement, and motion studies. Streamlined shipping staff.
• Saved over $500,000 on international shipping methods.
• Established safety awards and training recognition programs.
• Implemented Scale Warehouse Management System and new AX system for ERP.
• Coordinated inventory control. Worked with vendor on rack and slotting project upgrade.
• Conducted site visits for customers and other visitors.
Job Titles Held: