Dedicated School Social Worker offering 3 years' experience in education environments. Familiar with issues such as learning difficulties, socialization problems and emotional needs.
Provided direct service and evaluation for special education students with various disabilities.
• Developed and delivered necessary services in accordance with IEP guidelines and consulted with classroom teachers to measure progress of students in relation to identified goals.
• Coordinated services for students with their families.
• Assessed and evaluated all referred students and made plans to implement any needed services.
• Provided direct and indirect psycho-social care to students referred to Child study team.
• Provided crisis intervention, individual and group counseling to at risk children and youth.
• Functioned as part of team administration, faculty and support service personnel to encourage student's academic success.
• Maintained an effective working relationship with all students on caseload
Taught Social Work Research (1 &2), Social Policy (1&2), Diversity and Oppression in a Global perspective and Human Behavior in the Social Environment (1&2)
Emphasized importance of critical thinking while conducting research projects and encouraged students to articulate in a scholarly manner their understanding of the causes and solutions to the various social problems researched.
Utilized many student-centered learning techniques including demonstrations, research labs, role plays and panel debates to ensure that students comprehend the curriculum and relate the topics taught to everyday life.
Assisted students with their projects and papers-especially in making them understand the importance of creating a well-articulated non bias factual paper using APA formatting style.
Engaged students with insightful and compelling classroom discussion of topics relevant to coursework to boost student learning and retention.
Worked cooperatively with other members of faculty and staff to contribute to overall institutional effectiveness.
Tracked student assignments, attendance and test scores and entered into online database to provide real-time progress monitoring.
Displayed professional demeanor and served as role model for students.
Developed creative and effective teaching methods for course content to capture students attention.Created the Research and Diversity Curriculum to reflect the changes in the current day world.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: