Determined School Counselor with success in helping students achieve educational goals and personal well-being. Talented in meeting the objectives of the counseling program by providing preventative education, advocacy, mediation and counseling to students. Sensitive to socioeconomic and cultural difference of students.
1. Responsible for pre-referral conferences with school personnel in a team context for the appropriate intervention for a student.
2. Responsible for individual and/or group psychotherapy with referred students.
3. Responsible for cooperating and consulting as a team member with teachers, principals and other school personnel for purposes of diagnosing, evaluating and recommending interventions for the adjustment of students.
4. Responsible for providing crisis intervention and conflict resolution services when requested by school personnel.
5. Responsible for making home visits to parents of referred students and counseling with parents at school and in the home to help them understand the social, emotional and academic needs of the student.
6. Responsible for serving as a referral agent and case manager for the student and parent(s) in developing a network of social services with community agencies.
7. Responsible for serving as a resource team member and/or supervisor of attendance for the court when indicated in cases of children in need of service.
8. Responsible for providing outreach and follow-up for students referred because of attendance problems.
9. Responsible for participating on relevant teams and committees including the Child Study Team, PBIS Team and SBST Team.
10. Responsible for attending monthly department and staff meetings.
10. Responsible for compiling, summarizing, maintaining, and submitting data or other records of pupils referred for appraisal to appropriate school personnel.
11. Responsible for safeguarding the student's right to privacy against disclosure of information in the student's case history, or if disclosures of confidences during counseling within the framework of applicable laws and system-wide policies.
12. Responsible for being knowledgeable and conforming to state and system-wide regulations and guidelines on student records.
13. Responsible for assuming equal educational opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, gender, age, marital status, religion, national origin, homelessness, sexual orientation or disability.
14. Performance of other job-related duties as assigned.
Assist with program management including referrals, intake, billing, and networking as well as day-to-day program operations Carry a supervisory caseload of no more than 8 full-time supervisees and provide an hour of direct face-to-face clinical supervision per week with each person, and any additional time outside of supervision, supporting, and managing their day-to-day case management related needs Supervise a combination of Bachelor's and Master's-level clinicians and interns Assign cases and provide ongoing supervision and support Responsible for utilization and review of program cases, maintaining up to 20 cases per week with follow up and coordinating of all quarterly program files reviews Interview and hire program staff as well as providing clinical and management supervision Discuss disciplinary action in supervision with Program Director and Assistant Program Director Provide home based evaluation, family therapy, crisis intervention, stabilization and case management to children, adolescents and their families as part of a multi-disciplinary team Attend large system meetings, maintain documentation and attend weekly staff meetings Evaluate the progress of clients through ongoing home visits, collateral reports, individual meetings, and feedback from other involved providers Maintain electronic records, notes, reports and participate in staff meetings Act as a liaison between program and other community agencies, referral sources and schools
Leading individual, family, couples, and group therapy. Conducting client intake sessions Developing individual treatment plans Facilitating crisis intervention Conducting case management Participating in multidisciplinary teams to present cases for proper treatment Attending monthly in-service trainings
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: