My name is Chad Kelly Dixon, I'm 26 years old, currently residing in Seymour, TN with my wife, Kailene. After graduating from Heritage High School in 2006, I continued my education in 2009 at Lee University. In July of 2013 I graduated with a Bachelor's of Science in Liberal Studies. I am currently working on a Master's of Arts degree in Ministerial Studies focusing on Leadership with a projected graduation date of May 2015.
I've spent over 10 years in volunteer ministry in all different capacities, as a leader and as a follower. I also have a combined 2 years experience in retail, and 2 years of teaching music. Each of these experiences has provided me with a wide range of interaction with people; from customer service to counseling, sales to administration, and leadership. I am willing and able to take any challenge or position that may be required of me. As an employee, I offer faithfulness, responsibility, consistency, a willingness to learn, critical thinking, and a genuine desire for helping people in any capacity.
I deeply appreciate any consideration and look forward to future correspondence.
Thank you for your time, Chad.
- I have received training and certification as a Sales expert, Drum department associate, and Keyboard department associate.
- This includes training for interacting with customers in-store, online, and sales follow up through email.
- Also, instrumental expertise and knowledge, merchandizing, department organization, set up and tear down for special events and sales, customer service, opening and closing the department, cleaning, and counting out cash drawers.
- In October 2013, I participated in a sales contest sponsored by Guitar Center and finished in the top 10 out of more than 200 other associates in the chain in the drums sales category.
- Responsibility of recruiting, scheduling, managing, and training volunteers, advertising and promotion, creating and implementing events, vision casting, organizing and implementing curriculum, providing materials, setting up and maintaining media resources, and more.
- Created a non-profit ministry to give free instrumental and arts instruction to kids 1st-6th grade.
- Drug and GM clerk, stocking and merchandising associate.
- Responsibilities included unloading shipments, organizing the merchandise, loading it onto the store hand trucks, and getting merchandise into the appropriate place throughout the store or in back stock.
In progress GPA: 3.450
In my spare time I enjoy going to the movies with my wife, spending time in the mountains, serving in volunteer ministry, playing music, and continuing my education.
Extensive experience and knowledge in leadership principles and research
Teaching and instructing
Efficient in Apple and Windows operating systems
Experience with media advertising and publishing
VOLUNTEER: Over an 11 year period I have taken on many roles in volunteer ministry. From children's ministry, to youth and college ministry, and many years serving in leadership in these opportunities. I have organized events and services, camps, band practices, training, event set up and tear down, etc. I have also served on the executive staff of New Hope Worship and Arts Camp for 6 years, helping to develop it from the ground up. Each year we host around 100 students who spend a week receiving training in areas such as instrumental performance, dance, media and sound design, and more. Along with instructing multiple classes, I also coordinate all of the volunteer instructors, recruiting them, providing the needed materials and resources for their classrooms, and ensuring that each class completes the goals set to be achieved by the end of camp.
STRENGTHS: The Clifton Strengths finder exam accurately points out my top strengths; Responsibility, Learning, Ideation, Strategic Thinking, and Relation. Responsibility highlights my striving to accomplish what is asked of me, Learning points to my ability to pick up new things quickly, Ideation describes the ability to think creatively and find new ways of approaching problems, Strategic Thinking speaks to my processing situations and making the right connections to problem solve, and Relation allows me to connect with people on a personal level and finding ways to relate to them the proper information.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: