Experienced phlebotomist and a goal-oriented student currently completing a Master's degree in Public Health at the Milken Institute of the George Washington University. Passionate about promoting and improving public health, seeking to advance my career by attending medical school and becoming a physician. Organized, personable, and action-oriented with strong interpersonal skills. Effective at managing administrative needs and providing exceptional service to people of all backgrounds.
● Research and analysis of a “Case Study Analysis of the West African Ebola Outbreak and Effect of Traditional Burial Practices.”
● Conducted program implementation on the effects of the national opioid crisis.
● Analyzed program implementation on universal health care in Canada.
● Clinical trial support as a RA in Social Stress Test study; focused on the effects of stress hormones on teenagers' decision
making and engaging in risky behaviors, peer pressure control, specifically related to gun violence crimes.
● LAVC Independent research in mathematical biology and statistics, qualitative and quantitative
mathematical models such as FitzHugh-Nagumo two-dimensional equations and Hodgkin-Huxley
● Laboratory assistant in biological research, worked on environmental and biological factors related to organisms'
English - Fluent
Persian - Fluent
German - Conversational
Turkish - Basic Comprehension
Hindi - Basic Comprehension
Arabic - Read/Write
● OneOC Court Referral Programs. Observed Youth Drug and Alcohol Deterrence (YDAD) program to produce participant assessments.
● Omid e Iran TV, Co-host. Educational talkshow, gathered scientific research for the program of the day, actively collaborated with the host, discussed basic public health issues: infectious-diseases, prevention methods, drugs and substance abuse, rehabilitation, gentrification, and discrimination.
● Los Angeles Valley College. Independent research in mathematical biology, worked on action potential and electrical signaling of neurons.
● Department of Veterans Affairs, Mare Island, California, Veterans Hospital. Phlebotomist.
● Urgent Care Office. Medical assistant.
● Phlebotomy Plus. Assistant trainer. Shadowed instructors and worked with new students in the laboratory. Assured students adhered to Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards including needle disposal and biohazard regulations.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: