As a graduate in agricultural and biological engineering, my interests are to diversify the industrial uses of agricultural products and develop technologies that improve the efficiency of the agricultural systems responsible for fostering the food, fiber and fuel for America. I see my career as giving me the opportunity to apply the unanticipated outcomes of novel research to current food and agricultural processes. Any full time position that gives me the opportunity to identify and assimilate widely divergent technologies to address advanced technical needs of the food and agricultural industry is of interest to me. I look forward to demonstrating my talents as an entry level process engineer or project engineer.
The reality of commercial platform chemicals from biomass depends on overcoming the recalcitrance of the biomass to the current industrial processing methods. The goal of this position was to investigate the production of Hydroxy-methyl Furfural (HMF) from biomass using a dilute acid pretreatment.
• Operated (P.A.R.R.) Batch Reactor
• Mastered Soxtec Extraction Procedures
• Determined Composition of Biomass
• Mastered (HPLC) High Performance Liquid Chromatography Procedures
Dow AgroSciences is measuring the macro-molecular composition of silage from the different regions to determine the region that produces the most nutritional silage. The goal of the Project engineer was to augment their current process to reduce cross contamination; the number of laborers needed and speed up sample preparation time.
• Aided in the development of an autonomous silage sample preparation process
• Applied Six Sigma Lean Principles to produce a statistically consistent product
• Applied Lean Principles to reduce the number of grinding processes
• Reduced the silage sample preparation time by 8 minutes per 2 kg sample
• Designed a custom biomass shredder
• Co-design of a vacuum system that reduced the levels of cross contamination by 95%
The objective of this position was to compare the dissolution of biomass in an ionic liquid and deep eutectic solvent
• Performed Cellulase and Xylanase Treatment Assays Modified from Sigma Quality Control Test
The objective of this position was developing an assay using the Acid hydrolysis of starch to test for the amount of residual starch remaining on the germ and fiber after fractionation.
• Operated Laboratory scale Dry Grind Ethanol, Wet Milling, Dry Milling and Enzymatic Milling Processes
• Operated Near Infrared Spectrometer
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: