Goal-oriented [Job Title] dedicated to strengthening administrative operations to streamline costs and enhance procedures. Cultivate long-lasting relationships with students and staff to strengthen program success. Motivational leader with top-notch communication, organizational and strategic planning abilities.
o Facilitate communication and share best practices across schools while ensuring consistency in our operations and institutional knowledge.
o Assist SDs in training new academic or accommodations staff when necessary, and with updating existing training materials.
o Lead training initiatives in collaboration with my assigned schools.
o Act as a resource for day-to-day operations, answering questions from school staff, and moderating group discussions.
o Attend monthly calls with HQ staff to discuss academic or accommodation updates, policies, and processes.
o Lead Regional Calls with my assigned schools to provide updates, hold discussions on relevant topics, and gather feedback and questions.
o Compile and update school-specific information to my region.
o Open/close classes and assign instructors to these classes while working within the established KI curriculum and budgetary goals.
o Assign substitutes for instructors in the event they cannot teach due to illness, vacation, or emergencies.
o Hire, orient, train, supervise, and observe all instructors.
o Support instructors by giving them the information, tools, and guidance they need to be successful in the classroom.
o Regularly observe instructors to provide feedback and ensure adherence to the program curriculum and standards.
o Conduct regularly scheduled instructor meetings and participate in staff meetings as assigned by the School Director.
o Work with other school staff to provide excellent customer service and maximize student satisfaction.
o Stay informed of new developments in the ESL field and communicate to school staff.
o Provide counseling for students on academic matters to ensure both student satisfaction and academic progress.
o Advise prospective, new, and continuing students on courses, classes, and services.
o Complete administrative tasks on time as assigned by the School Director or other national staff.
o Monitor academic record keeping; maintain the academic portion of student files according to company policies and regulatory standards.
o Oversee the academic budget for the school by maintaining class size averages, ordering materials, and checking and approving instructor payroll with adherence to established HR standards.
o Handle and mediate disputes/problems between students and teachers, between teachers and teachers, and between students and students.
o Collaborate and effectively participate in marketing initiatives and events as needed.
o Demonstrate leadership qualities such as dedication, respect, cooperation, motivation, innovation, commitment to quality, excellence, and superior customer service to students, staff and management
Provide excellent customer service with the aim of maximizing student satisfaction
· Answer student questions about courses, classes, schedules, instructors, curriculum, levels, academic progress, etc.
· Counsel students on how to best learn quickly and effectively with Kaplan programs
· Follow up on welcome surveys for dissatisfied students to solve problems
· Assist the Academic Manager in improving the quality of the Academic program
· Assist Academic Manager to make sure all instructors are punctual and classes run as scheduled
· Teach regular classes as assigned by the Academic Manager (varies by school and needs but could include integrated skills, specific skills, or K+ sessions/structured study)
· Teach classes in cases of emergency when no substitute is available
· Assist the Academic Manager in making lesson plans in cases of emergency
· Provide basic troubleshooting for technological issues for instructors (e.g. Smartboards)
· Participate in or lead academic workshops as assigned by the Academic Manager
· Assist in training and welcoming new instructors
· Help Academic Manager prepare for and run instructor's meetings
· Ensure compliance with National Academic standard
Achieved AM bonus seven quarters in the time as AM
Hired and trained teachers who stayed and consistently yielded high student success scores.
Asked to assist with new AM.SD in LA Whittier
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: