I am a chemist have life long love of teaching others chemistry and working with students. I While attending the University of Utah I taught general chemistry, organic chemistry, and nursing chemistry to students at the University through the Supplemental Instruction. While working as a chemist, I found ways to continue teaching by volunteering to teach students and co-workers about chemistry and mass spectrometry. I also taught several pathologist and medical laboratory directors across the country with my work through the American Association of Clinical Chemistry. I have also worked with high school students through volunteer work through Girl Scouts of Utah and Murray High School.
• Trained other lab staff about the chemistry behind new lab instrumentation and how to perform testing on that instrumentation.
• Taught medical laboratory students from various universities as part of clinical rotations.
• Developed the new pain management panel by LC-MS/MS on an API 4500 MD QTrap that has over 170 mass transitions and targeted MRM mode
• Served as an interim inspector for College American Pathology (CAP) looking for safety and good lab practice at LDS Hospital.
• Performed routine and as needed testing on various automated chemistry and immunoassay analyzers.
• Taught students in the U of U medical technologist program, new staff and current staff, and pathology fellows on mass spectrometry, new technology, and new methodology
• Presented posters and presentations at several national conferences and was an contributor to “Using Tandem Mass Spectrometry in the Clinical Laboratory Certificate Program, On-line Certificate Program” offered by AACC and won numerous speaking awards
• Developed and improved assays in the areas of immunosuppressant drugs by LC-MS/MS, RT3/T3 Ratio by LC-MS/MS, and various steroid hormones. Automated RIA Vitamin D 1,25 assay.
• Learned to use and develop assays on a wide range of methodologies including LC-MS/MS, GC/MS, HPLC chemiluminescence, radioimmunoassay, and ELISA.
• Completed regulatory submissions to the state of New York for laboratory method compliance
• Authored validations and standard operating procedures for new and improved assays and completed reference range studies for assays. Trained staff and pathology fellows on mass spectrometry, new technologies, and new methodologies
AACC Outstanding Speaker Award 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2012, AACC Clinical Chemist's Recognition Award 2007 and 2010, Walter D. and Grace G, Bonner Memorial Chemist Award, Presidents Award (4), Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society, Golden Key Honors Society, Deans List (12), Alumni Association Senior Super Fan, Artel Pipetting Olympic 13 Gold Medal awards
ARL Licence re-application in process
CACTUS ID: 694295
American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) December 2001
Technologist in Chemistry Certificate: Certificate number 3702
Girl Scout Leader for 13 years of Troop 2161. Has run a number of half marathons, including several in Disneyland and participated in three Ragnar relays. Played clarinet in high school and college and is currently a member of the Murray Concert Band. Mother of two teenage daughters and happily married for 20 years. Volunteers with Murray High school Marching band, symphonic band, winter guard, cross country team, and other veracious random events and activities in different capacities.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: