I am a professional, experienced, knowledgeable and educated manager with extensive experience protecting life and property. As Seton Hall University Public Safety Security Manager at the IHSC Medical School my daily responsibilities consisted of monitoring the day-to-day operations of Seton Hall University Public Safety Dispatchers and Securitas Security personnel. I am knowledgeable and experienced with many of the duties associated with Public Safety Officers, and Public Safety Dispatchers having performed many of those duties while managing personnel at IHSC. In addition to my Seton Hall University work experience, I have approximately 24 years working in the security field with over 10 years law enforcement experience. I am fully knowledgeable and experienced with many of the Seton Hall University operating systems, policies and procedures, with specific knowledge in the systems listed below.
● Monitored and evaluated the day to day operations to ensure that the campus and its occupants were safe and secured.
● Provided strong customer service to students, faculty, staff and visitors, and transferred calls to appropriate departments.
● Monitored all 911 calls and ensured that all calls for service (lockouts, escorts, jumpstarts) were completed.
● Monitored the key management system (KeyWatcher).
● Monitored and responded to incidents to ensure that reports were taken, reviewed written reports, input reports into the incident reporting system and conducted investigations when it was warranted.
● Dispatched security personnel to reported incidents.
● Communicated and updated senior management of important incidents and ensured that all policies and procedures were followed.
● Monitored the arrangement for escorts for visiting dignitaries, students, faculty, and staff when requested.
● Notified on call counseling services when needed.
● Notified Rapid Response central alarm station when the fire alarm system is put on bypass.
● Inspected all emergency phones twice a month to ensure that they were working and forwarded my findings to management.
● Notified and schedule repairs with the venders when the CCTV Cameras, door card access, and emergency phones were not working properly.
● Scheduled and approved SHU employee's vacations and time off.
● Completed a Clery Act Seminar (Campus Crime Policy and Statistics Act) and maintained an incidents log.
● Assisted senior management with rewriting the Standard Operating Procedures for the medical school and made sure that the SOP's were followed and enforced.
● Managed and implemented the weekly coverage schedule for SHU administrators and ensured that the proper coverage was present at the site.
● Oversaw that all security members were CPR, AED, Narcan, and First Aid certified and evaluated employees yearly on their job performance.
● Aligned myself with H.C.E. site supervisor and helped him implement memos and contact sheets.
● Answered all calls for service and directed calls to the appropriate department.
● Notified and informed the J.K.T.C./C.B.V.I. site manager when unusual occurrences happened on the site and executed reports.
● Mentor and trained several new security officers at the job site.
● Consulted with Abbry's security supervisor to address issues with daily operations at the site.
● Monitored the close circuit television & fire alarm panel, and notified the police, medical services and the fire department when needed.
● Contacted the on-call facilities worker when maintenance issues occurred on the site.
● Completed a twenty-four-week course at the Newark Police Academy.
● Performed all aspects of professional policing, patrols, service calls, arrest, court proceedings, and community service.
● Conducted investigations, surveillance, worked five years in the Fugitive Squad alongside the F.B.I. and U.S. Marshall Agents.
● 4.0 GPA presently attending.
● Courses in Human Resources Training & Development.
● 3.81 GPA graduated in May 2018.
● Courses in Public Administration and Management.
● 3.73 GPA graduated in August 2016.
● Courses in Management, Psychology, and Accounting.
● Completed the New Jersey Police Training Commission Course.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: