I am an experienced and knowledgeable professional security manager with extensive experience protecting life and property. As a security manager at Seton Hall University and IHSC Hackensack Medical School, my daily responsibilities consisted of monitoring the day-to-day operations of contracted security officers, public safety officers, and dispatcher personnel. I have personally held many of the positions I now supervise, giving me the insight and the experience to be an effective administrator. I have approximately twenty-five years of experience working in the security field and over ten years of law enforcement experience. I am fully knowledgeable and experienced with many facets of the security field and the operating systems, policies, and procedures used by Seton Hall University. See specific skills below for further details.
● Monitored and evaluated the day to day operations to ensure that the campus and its occupants were safe and secured.
● Provided vital customer service to students, faculty, staff, and visitors, and transferred calls to appropriate departments.
● Monitored all 911 calls and ensured that all calls for service (lockouts, escorts, jumpstarts) were completed.
● Monitored the key management system (KeyWatcher).
● Monitored and responded to incidents to ensure that reports were taken, reviewed written reports, input reports into the incident reporting system, and conducted investigations when it was warranted.
● Dispatched security personnel to reported incidents.
● Communicated and updated senior management of essential incidents and ensured that all policies and procedures were followed.
● Monitored the arrangement for escorts for visiting dignitaries, students, faculty, and staff when requested.
● Notified on-call counseling services when needed.
● Notified Rapid Response central alarm station when the fire alarm system was placed on bypass.
● Inspected all emergency phones and fire extinguishers every month to ensure that they worked and forwarded my findings to management.
● Notified and scheduled repairs with the vendors when the CCTV Cameras, door card access, and emergency phones were not working correctly.
● Scheduled and approved SHU employee's vacations and time off.
● Completed a Clery Act Seminar (Campus Crime Policy and Statistics Act) and maintained an incident log.
● Assisted senior management with rewriting the Standard Operating Procedures for the medical school and ensure that the SOP's were followed and enforced.
● Managed and implemented the weekly coverage schedule for SHU administrators and ensured that the proper coverage was present at the site.
● Oversaw that all security members were CPR, AED, Narcan, and First Aid certified and evaluated employees yearly on their job performance.
● Aligned myself with H.C.E. site supervisor and helped him implement memos and contact sheets.
● Answered all calls for service and directed calls to the appropriate department.
● Notified and informed the J.K.T.C./C.B.V.I. site manager when unusual occurrences happened on the site and executed reports.
● Mentor and trained several new security officers at the job site.
● Consulted with Abbry's security supervisor to address issues with daily operations at the site.
● Monitored the close circuit television & fire alarm panel, and notified the police, medical services, and the fire department when needed.
● Contacted the on-call facilities worker when maintenance issues occurred on the site.
● Completed a twenty-four-week course at the Newark Police Academy.
● Performed all aspects of professional policing, patrols, service calls, arrest, court proceedings, and community service.
● Conducted investigations, surveillance, worked five years in the Fugitive Squad alongside the F.B.I. and U.S. Marshall Agents.
● 4.0 GPA presently attending.
● Courses in Human Resources Training & Development.
● 3.81 GPA graduated in May 2018.
● Courses in Public Administration and Management.
● 3.73 GPA graduated in August 2016.
● Courses in Management, Psychology, and Accounting.
● Completed the New Jersey Police Training Commission Course.
Job Titles Held: