Motivated and enthusiastic Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) with five years of experience as a Registered Nurse and 2 years of experience as a PMHNP focused on providing compassionate, holistic evaluations and management of adults and children suffering from mental illness. Well-versed in providing quick intervention, medication and support to patients with acute, chronic and drug induced mental illness.
● Provided psychiatric evaluation/diagnosis and ongoing treatment to mentally ill patients of all ages in collaboration with primary care and collaborating psychiatrist.
● Performed thorough psychiatric diagnostic evaluations of patients, complete with diagnoses, treatment recommendations and pharmacotherapy.
● Ordered, interpreted, and evaluated diagnostic tests to identify and assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
● Provided ongoing medication management/follow-up care needed after the initial psychiatric evaluation, utilizing pharmacotherapeutic and psychotherapeutic modalities as necessary and within scope of practice.
● Developed a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
● Consulted with other with members of multidisciplinary care team and developed a treatment plan, affected change in systems, and enhanced the ability of others to provide healthcare.
● Documented all patient data, including patient's progress in Credible electronic records in a timely manner and billing for services provided.
● Provided thorough medication education to patients/guardian about possible risks, benefits, side effects and alternatives to the recommended medication(s) following their psychiatric evaluation in order for them to make an informed consent to treatment.
● Reviewed all non-psychiatric medical orders and prescriptions.
● Obtained and reviews patient's and/or guardian's signature on the Informed Consent for the Proper Use of Controlled Substances upon initial visit and annually thereafter.
● Maintained collaborative relationship with physicians in the practice and rendered care according to the guidelines of the standard care arrangement.
● Participated in the Medication-Assisted Treatment program for combating alcohol or drug addiction that combines behavioral counseling with certain prescription medications.
● Worked in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to provide patient centered and goal oriented psychiatric care to adults, performing admissions, assessments, developing individualized treatment plans, evaluating response to treatment,timely documentation, and developing comprehensive discharge plans.
● Assessed patients in active withdrawal and provided interventions to manage physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms.
● Understood patient care goals as voiced by the patient, making the patient a major part of his treatment and recovery
● Educated patients and families on the dangers of addiction and provided psychological support for those who were struggling with addiction.
● Monitored and assessed the detoxification process, participate in patient interventions, and administering medications to help patients manage their symptoms.
● Documented all elements of nursing assessment, treatments, medication discharge instructions, and follow-up care.
● Evaluated patient care needs, prioritized treatment, and maintained patient flow
DATA 2000 Waiver / SAMHSA Buprenorphine Practitioner
Job Titles Held: