As a Laboratory Associates I am trained in both Laboratory Technician and Assistant work. I am the Purification and Analysis assistant but am trained to do assistant work for Analysis/AAA, Purification, Cleavage, Data Analysis and Final weighing/ Shipping. As a Technician I am trained/ have exposure to Analysis and Purification.
Capable pharmacy team member proficient in assisting pharmacists with preparing prescriptions and meeting customer needs. Safety-oriented and well-organized with solid experience coordinating with insurance providers, prescribers and individuals to address issues. Good relationship-building and multitasking skills with excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Proven history of maintaining equipment and pharmacy areas in alignment with regulatory guidelines.
Lab Technician Duties:
- Experience/ exposure in MALDI-TOF which is used in profiling and imagining proteins allowing for spacial distribution of peptides
- Buffer solutions use highly concentrated acidic chemicals such as Trifluoroacetic acid. I am trained to make the chemical solutions using the proper PPE and to minimize risk through proper safety precautions.
- The general Process of purification which is to equilibrate the column, load Crude peptide material and run gradient and then wash column when process is finished .
Qualifications: Trained in Hazardous waste labeling. Have been fitted and trained to use a Hazardous waste respirator.
*Use respirator daily in disposing of highly concentrate chemical waste.*
- Must check lot number codes to determine if waste or must be filed for later use.
- Responsibilities include : taking inventory, ordering, tracking and sorting/ stocking.
Harvard Extension Program
*Currently enrolled and will be finishing before September*
Volunteer work over the years including
Would help professors before and after lab classes. I would help prepare vials and measure or weigh chemicals
As well as, clean and sanitize all lab surfaces and vials. Help dispose of chemicals and disposable items such as pipettes.
Helped in cell culture techniques and Microbiology by placing fungi, protist and bacteria on Petri dish. Maintained and helped grow bacteria
such as E. Coli for future lab classes.
I helped volunteer growing and planting with veterans as a form of therapy and recovery. I would help with testing the soils
and mixing solutions/soils and fertilizers to make soil moist. Helped with livestock and everyday chores.
Job Titles Held: