Seasoned Patient Advocate successful at resolving conflicts, managing multiple simultaneous responsibilities and building strong relationships.
10 plus years Hospital experience with 4 plus years working as a Patient Advocate onsite as well as remotely.
• Performed all facets of hospital care within my realm of expertise.
• Assisted manager with patient rounds, organized filing systems more efficiently.
• Constructed project to showcase our unit for hospital contest.
• Assisted in implementing new program to lessen falls in hospital units.
• Devised a project to encourage employees to use program thanking/encouraging co-workers.
• Perform ADL's on all patients Routine, Pre-Op and Post-Op vitals Perform blood draws and glucose testing per MD orders.
• Detailed EMR charting and paper charting.
• Send and Receive Fax Answer multi-phone lines.
• Work closely with RN's and other staff to share/update status and needs.
• Notified other disciplines of patient needs or request(SW, Chaplain, PT, OT, etc.).
• Provided physical and emotional care of patients with compassion and professionalism.
• Able to provide care to patients of all background with no bias Kept self and area compliant to all regulations
• Performed all facets of hospital care within realm of expertise.
• Above average heart monitored patients.
• During employ we transitioned to new EMR charting system
• Provided ADL's Routine, Pre-Op, Post-Op and cardiac vitals Glucose testing, retrieved UA and Stool specimens
• Put heart monitors on patients.
• Problem solved issues with units Care of terminal patients including post-mortem care
• Worked closely with RN's to provide consistent care and update on changes.
• Provided physical and emotional care to patients and families.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to show compassion and professionalism.
• Kept self and unit compliant with all regulations(HIPAA, etc.).
• Detailed EMR charting as well as detailed shift report.
• Regularly used fax, copier and multi-phone lines.
• Notified and worked closely with other disciplines of need/requests of patients
Description: Prior to going to PRN status I was the only CNA for a four county area. Worked closely with other disciplines to provide care and resources according to patients needs and changing needs. Kept detailed mileage and visit records. Worked in office in secretarial type position answering phones, filing, faxing and doing chart audits during periods of low census
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: