During my time with SCI, I have learned a great deal in terms of organizing a shift, worked with an array of personality types, meeting deadlines, and develop executable plans. I was part of the team that planned the layout for the warehouse when new systems were being implemented. I developed process flow maps, working SOP to ensure a steep learning curve for the overall business, and setting training materials along with schedules to support both Edwards and Madill. I have learned to develop positive working relations with outside vendors and carriers. When approaching a problem, I have learned to break down into smaller subsection to better monitor, assess and evolve the solutions. I discovered the importance of building productive relations with both the client and staff members. I pride myself on the development of my team and their ability to execute stretch targets. I have a unique way to look at problems and long-lasting solutions that benefit not only my team but the entire business. I feel that I have grown in both my confidence and model when dealing with unforeseen situations. My greatest accomplishment was being selected to represent SCI as a culture leader on the website, developing tools to support information gathering to analyze business trends, and developing myself to a manager level within the business. I look forward to continuing my growth with new challenges and situations that can stretch my ability to higher standards.
· Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
o Able to quickly create useful document to convey data in a functional and understandable layouts.
· Able to use Visio and create flow maps of processes.
· Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
o Able to breakdown complex data, situations and processes into manageable parts to help assist understanding or efficiency.
· Excellent troubleshooting skills in complex software and hardware problems
o Very familiar with technological components and processes.
· Configuring and troubleshooting desktops, laptops and servers
· Expert level Excel skills
o Able to used Lookups functions, Mod functions, Indirect formulas, If /Else statements, formulas involving iterative calculations etc.
o Very knowledgeable at manipulating data into meaningful and organized tables.
o Able to use macros to create easy to use templates.
· SAP background
o Usage of SQ01, SE16 data tables
o Export information into other software for data manipulation
o Confirm orders, deleting lines, monitoring productivity (both shift work flow and individual), Minor packing issues and creating reports.
· DiQ (Dematic IQ Systems)
o Able to pull reports, manipulate data and produce a structure to orient the labour in order to align to specific KPIs.
o Able to use SAP information/tables to feed DiQ in order to reverse investigate root causes of procedural errors.
· GLS (Global Logistics System)
o I was trained as a superuser for GLS in all departments.
o I created the 25 different SOP instructions that is being used by both sites in their daily operation.
o Able to pull GLS production numbers for analysis regarding productivity, staffing efficiency and
· Set a new layout for the mixed pallet sort at Edwards. The challenge was identifying the bottleneck which was mixed carrier orders from chase trips reassignment and create an area where to isolate away from fast-flowing orders.
· I was identified early on as one of the superusers post-GLS go live. As one of the first operation managers, I was responsible for learning the GLS system and understanding how to link the system's processes with the floor plan.
· Developed the working SOP for GLS that was used to train and used them to develop the team during initial go-live dates.
· I lead the SCI team that tested the integration for GLS to meet standards within a strict 4-month period. Within these 4 months, I oversaw the integration of the existing operation with the new features of the new system.
· The progress was presented to the leaders in charge of the implementation oversight and took feedback for adjustments and I also reported aspects of the system that did not integrate well and need to be corrected before the full go-live date.
· My team lead and tested every integration software, launched, and provided valuable feedback to the Walmart Development Team.
· Worked to develop a working action to train 80 staff members within 2 weeks of launch at Edwards. They extrapolated this model to accommodate 400 staff members over a 4-week duration at Madill.
· I also provided the structure to the training department of how the training will be implemented and assigned the leaders for training long with expected names to be trained.
· Mentored TL (team leaders) in daily operations to achieve shift goals and business KPIs. I coach and train new TLs on systems and processes such as pulling numbers for the end-of-shift report, running on premise attendance, SLA strategies, and concepts, etc.
· Lead and develop a unique method to collect attendance that is used across shifts and sites. This tool is also being utilized to present staffing number trends and deviations.
· I was provided Yellow Belt training and certification. The lesson learned was utilized with positive results for various projects and strategy development of processes.
· I lead a team to perform a lean analysis for the pack station layout. The findings were presented to the upper management team who were pleased with the data found and the approach to increase capacity.
· I was involved in the transition to a larger warehouse and provided solutions for hurdles and barriers. I was also responsible for working with the team leaders to ensure they understand the directions and expectations needed.
· Able to troubleshoot the implementation of 2 systems (SAP and DiQ) to develop strategies and root cause analysis to control the closure of SLA. Develop work strategies to increase the capacity rate by place a strong emphasis on the put-walls. By expanding the roles of the EPA. Their roles became transformed into a more leadership facing to control and monitor cubby rates.
· Team building is a major focus in daily operations, our team implemented the productivity feedback to employees encourage them to strive higher than the previous days. I then developed an excel file that took data from SAP and with the implementation of some MACROs, I was able to present data in a meaningful full way where the TLs can provide meaningful feedback. I was then asked by the General Manager to train the other Team leads on strategy/template across all shifts which lead to an overall capacity increase for the entire site.
· I was responsible for the training and development of new managers on the operations, explanations of KPIs, SLA standards, and shift processes before we had a training team established. I created SOPs on how to navigate SAP to training on reporting shift numbers and basic usage of SAP, DiQ, and Kronos. Later on, when the training department was being developed, my training materials were presented as starting point to build on.
· Hired and develop a team of over +100 employees comprised of Full time, Casual, and Agency staff.
· Successfully transitioned an existing 8-hour night shift to a 12-hour Weekend shift.
· During the peak period from Black Friday to Boxing Day our shift averaged 29,000 units picked per shift and 24,000 units packed. Established a building-wide picking high of 37, 226 units using SAP processes and procedures. This was a meaningful accomplishment as our team was able to exceed all other shift milestones.
· Developed and executed a succession plan for standard functions such as picking and packing as well as a cross-trained team member to support other functions with exceeding volumes.
· Created an Employee database to track the attendance of employees and to ensure absences meet SCI policy. The system was so successful that it was adopted to all other shifts. I lead the initiative to get the other shift up to standards.
· Developed a coaching log used for training and employee reviews. As we did not have a workable method to document, I took the initiative to create a fill that will summarize occurrences and make it easy to present to HR to take further disciplinary actions.
· Create a process to help manage and minimize Aged Orders. This process took the available orders from the OMS, creates a projection based on the rates of the function, and produces a trending projection at EOS. With this approach, I was then able to determine where to add additional resources needed to align to the end-of-shift KPIs.
· Created an Excel timesheet and barcode IDs to capture and track all employee hours each day and ensuring all pay issues are minimized and solved. Before we hand installed Kronos, I create employee barcodes with their SAP users' names and attached them to their access cards. During the start of the shift, I scanned each barcode, and it populates the number of staff members in each function. Based on this, I will know where to divert the team to align to the end of the shift expectations.
· Ensure all employees are trained and are aware of what is expected.
· Monitor employee performance and provide feedback daily. I also used the data to motivate and encourage employee growth and productivity.
· Provide retraining for underachieving staff with an experienced staff member.
· Generate a stronger team by coaching staff on the current process and lead the development of more effective strategies.
· Create an environment where employees are free to provide feedback on existing processes or methods to cement strong team-building ideas.
· Created Excel templates to help predict the end of shift throughput. This helps focus resources on strategies such as replenishment, individual coaching, wave tactics, etc to help provide the best production.
· Experienced in managing large projects in a busy warehouse environment during the execution of my regular duties.
· I have been trained in First Aid and have had experiences in dealing with minor Health and Safety issues.
· Learn to SAP to print and extract reports in order to create an over view of the work load. I started with the main function such as picking and packing and later expanded this method to receiving and putaway.
· I facilitated an approachable environment where anyone may convey their concerns or comments such missed hours, other employee relationships and various training needs or misunderstanding of company policies and/or procedures.
· Ability to provide solution to problems in a timely, fair and efficient manner.
· Helped alleviate workload by spreading it out across other qualified workers in order to complete task in an efficient and timely manner.
· Use SAP to support workers in terms of deleting out of stock orders, reprint lost packing slips, monitor Aged orders and making SLA.
· As a forklift operator I am able to provide a creative insight in the manipulation of employees, work flow and procedural development.
· I facilitated a strong relationship with other TL's in order to gain an in-depth understanding of the daily work environment.
· Very fluent with Excel in terms of creating Pivot Tables, manipulating VLOOKUP function and organizing information to access daily work needs.
Yellow Belt Lean Six Sigma
I have use the lesions learned to implement a redesign of the pack station. I was able to identify lost time such as the packers using a mouse (point and click method) to key board short cuts.
I also used Lead Six Sigma when designing the processes for GLS implementation such setup a flow map and how the processes will interact, the floor layout to better facilitate production flow and building of feedback loops for the processes to be self sustained.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: