Senior-level expert with 7 years of experience delivering on-site network management and support services across diverse industries. Presents programs and solutions to drive growth. Provides supplemental and total management support for IT systems, including establishing and maintaining networks and servers. Strong aptitude for identifying new technologies and solutions to support client needs.
· Experienced in change design writing MOPs or turning up network equipment including DSLAMs, aggregators, switches, routers. Network configuration, documentation, and enforcement
· Performed expedited high volume grooms of broadband customers from BRAS to BNG and transition backhaul traffic from IP network to Packet optical.
· Experienced with building new MPLS cloud inside the new data center environment.
· Groomed high volumes of Broadband customers in the access network for Capital Growth, address network capacity issues, off load end of life devices and platform.
· Performed DSLAM GROOM- 200 MOPS, with 100 customers per DSLAM and NSP GROOM with estimated 5K customer per month due to Executive/Customer escalations
· Developed a streamlined process for MSS order flow by creating one team that handle orders from the time they entered operations work queues through RFC implementation
· Created new MSS provisioning plans to reduce overall SLA and existing SLA reduced over 50% from ~50 days to ~20 days
· Designed step-by-step work instructions for network change activity on the Companies broadband data network.
· Designed, validated, and implemented LAN, WLAN & WAN solution per client's needs.
· Collaborated with Access, Transport, and Data Engineers to determine affective solution and design for network changes
· Evaluated and analyzed engineering order requests to determine design accuracy and feasibility
· Peer reviewed works developed for network change
· Implemented network change requests configuring devices for traffic grooms and ATM to Ethernet conversions
· Performed network configuration, documentation, and enforcement, congestion improvement and optimization
· Created and implemented layer 2 and layer 3 policies
· Provided ATM automation scripts, perform ATM virtual test, perform router test and BD-updates
· Designed and Implemented MOP (VC grooms, VC to VP conversion, ATM to Ethernet cuts)
· Upgraded, Installed, and Migrated VDSL, ADSL, and HDSL, EGW, SFP cards in Calix, Adtran, Cisco, Juniper, T5C devices and performed Calix C7 upgrades
· Vendors: Calix C7, E7, E5 and E3, Redback SE-800, Alcatel-Lucent 7750, Juniper, Cisco
· Designed, Implemented, and managed all aspect of network infrastructure
· Hands-on experience with Ether Channel, Spanning Tree, Trucking, ACLs, Syslo
· Configured Cisco 2960, 3750, 3750, 4500 switches, and Juniper MX960, M10i
· Worked on commissioning and decommissioning of the MPLS circuits for various field offices
· Configuring STP for switching loop prevention and VLANs for data and voice along with Configuring port security for users connecting to the switches.
· Ensure network, system and data availability and integrity through preventive maintenance and upgraded
· Configuring HSRP between the 3845 router pair for Gateway redundancy for the client desktops.
· Configured VRRP & GLBP and VLAN Trunking 802.1Q & ISL, STP, Port Security on Catalyst 6500 switches
· Performed Configuration on ASR 9K Pairs includes HSRP, Bundle Ethernet Config, Assigning dhcp profiles
· Performed OSPF, BGP, DHCP Profile, HSRP, IPV6, Bundle Ethernet implementation on ASR 9K redundant pair
· Involved in L2/L3 Switching Technology Administration including creating and managing VLANs, Port security, Trunking, STP, Inter-Vlan routing, LAN security
· Worked on the security levels with RADIUS, TACACS+
· Completed service requests (i.e. – IP readdressing, bandwidth upgrades, IOS/platform upgrades, etc)
· Negotiated VPN tunnels using IPSec encryption standards and also configured and implemented site-to-site VPN, Remote VPN.
· Experienced with building the New MPLS cloud inside the new data center environment.
· Experienced with design and implementation of Virtual Switching System (VSS) for both User segment and server segment using 6509-V-E catalyst switches
· Enabled TACACS+ on Cisco devices for authentication, authorization and accounting (AAA).
· Implemented EAP (Extensible Authentication Protocol) for Wireless Networks.
· Implemented with Cisco Layer 3 switches 3750, 4500, 6500 in multi VLAN environment with the use of inter-VLAN routing, HSRP, ISL trunk, ether channel.
· Configured, troubleshoot and maintained Cisco Switches 1900 through 8000 Series including Nexus switches.
· Experience working with Cisco Nexus 2148 Fabric Extender and Nexus 5000 series to provide a Flexible Access Solution for datacenter access architecture.
· Redesigned the 5000 User large office location from the Access, Distribution, Core and WAN infrastructure.
· Experienced with design and implementation of Data center migration
· Worked on Cisco 5500 wireless controller, Cisco Prime and Cisco WAPs.
· Improved application and server Efficiency by installing Cisco ACE load balancer in catalyst 6500 switches and 7600 routers across our global network.
· Involved in configuring IP Quality of service (QoS)
· Involved in designing and implementing QOS and policy map to 2800 series routers for all the branches
· Experienced in Branch Relocation: Connect workstation, servers, etc. Rack and stack Pre-configured new hardware and connect the circuits. Work with Carrier to test and turn-up circuits.
· Experienced on designing and troubleshooting of complex BGP and OSPF routing problems
· Worked on Cisco ASR 5000 EMS for protocol monitoring, session monitoring and auditing and network troubleshooting.
· Improved Client satisfaction by troubleshooting and resolving issues from past implementations, which consisted of various versions of call manager, gateways and switches.
· Engaged in office moves, helped in identifying network requirements of new building, installed new networking hardware, and coordinated with vendors for cabling/wiring.
· Responsible for Cisco ASA firewall administration across our global networks
· Supported customer with the configuration and maintenance of PIX and ASA firewall systems
· Assisted with various duties that will arise including: implementation, configuration, management, rules definition, problem solving, design advice, troubleshooting, updating, maintenance, etc.
Successfully planned and installed network equipment's for migration of a lab of servers in a main data center with minimal impact to application availability
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: