After graduating with my degree in Biology in 2018, I have gained years of dynamic healthcare experience. All positions have provided me with a strong understanding of medical terminology, EMR, medications, patient confidentiality and intimacy, teamwork, and how to appropriately assist to the needs of a physician. I have been able to elevate each environment with my intellect, poise, politeness, integrity, attention to detail, and collaboration skills. Overall, I hope to further my career by earning my bachelors degree in Nursing. This will enable me to elevate my career and increase my credibility as I aim to be a concrete leader for change and help improve social determinants of health within my community. Nursing is my divine calling and the reason why I work so hard.
Emergency Department (ED), King's County Hospital Center, Brooklyn, NYC | July 15, 2015 - July 18, 2015 | 24 hours
• Shadowed Robert Gore, MD.
• Engaged in conversations with patients
• Helped transport patients from the ambulance to ED
• Retrieved blankets or supplies needed from the stock room according to physicians orders
• Learned proper techniques for documenting notes on patients from resident physicians
• Observed crash cart procedures and techniques
Pediatric Nuerology, Cooper University Hospital, Camden, New Jersey | December 22, 2015 - January 6, 2016 | 40 hours
• Shadowed Michael Goodman, MD.
• Shadowed Nora Vizzachero, DNP.
• Observed patients with autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, epilepsy, developmental delays, organically based learning disabilities, acute and long-term effects on head trauma, etc.
• Acquired a comprehension of how to use technology to communicate with Spanish speaking patients
• Gained an understanding of proper blood pressure techniques
• Discussed with physicians how behavioral difficulties of children with different psychiatric and neurological illnesses affected their family and struggles with everyday activities
Cataract Surgery, South Jersey Eye Physicians, Moorestown, New Jersey | April 11, 2019 | 2 hours
• Shadowed Sander Cohen MD.
• Observed physician as he removed the natural lens of the eye (crystalline lens), and replaced it with an intraocular lens.
• Patient cloudy lens is removed by emulsification.
• Retrobulbar anesthesia is used.
• Phaco and ECCE.
• All procedures were minimally invasive, and had quick post-op recovery.
• Each procedure was lasted a duration of approximately 20-35 minutes.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: