Self starter with strong communication, organizational and time management abilities. Motivated and collaborative with exceptional analytical thinking and problem solving abilities.
Learn Fast Adaptable in different working environments
Bilingual Able to work in group or individually
Follows directions easy Hard working
Perfect attendance Great communication skills
•Ensured that all protected health information is processed in accordance with regional, national, state and federal regulations.
• Worked closely with internal/external patients to meet their health information management needed as it related to release of protective health information via paper and electronic media.
•Have a solid knowledge/understanding of HIPPA privacy and security issues as it relates to release of information, and/or other regulations related to protective health information.
•Reviewed release requests for appropriateness and validate the authorization by photo identification.
•Served as inter and intra department resource for the other staff members, answering questions and providing instructions as necessary.
•Monitoring printers for incoming documentation and process paper work in a timely manner.
•Collected loose filing/scanned documents from clinical area twice daily, ensuring that a medical record number is placed on each document.
•Opened departmental mail and sorts; forwards mail appropriately to document preparation station or other clinical units, as necessary.
•Verified patient identity and processed same day Release of Information Request.
• Requested patient charts by accessing EPIC/NextGen system.
• Responded to inquiries from patients and staff members and instructed them in the appropriate method for requesting records.
•Entered data into disclosure account system in accordance with HIPAA standards.
•Corrected errors and incomplete information on forms as necessary when requested by a supervisor or physician.
•Documented member inquiries in Encounters.
• Validated basic benefit information related to copay, co-insurance, deductibles and other Medi-Cal plans.
• Maintained knowledge and training (from Ella) on all information systems necessary to perform duties.
Patient Encounter Experience
• Assisted patients in a professional manner that promotes a positive customer service experience.
• Provided patients with general information, and/or refer them to appropriate department as necessary.
•Responded to patient inquiries related to changes or corrections to the things like: name, date of birth, gender, other demographic information, and PCP assignment and center changes.
• Initiated patient issue(s) to fix when one member had two different medical records.
Other Daily Tasks
•Performed the duties of the Receptionist and Administrative Assistants as necessary.
•Pulled patient charts for upcoming appointments.
•Scanned incoming documentation.
• Kept department clean, organized and professional.
•Provided respectful assistance to all parties, including patients, staff members and insurance company representatives.
• Logged all requests for medical records into spreadsheet.
• Performed other duties as directed.
• Wore professional attire.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: