Enthusiastic Individual eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills. Having a clear understanding of what's at hand. Motivated individual eager to learn, grow and excel to be granted admission into a graduate physician assistant program, where knowledge, skills of patient care, and medicine can be further built upon.
Summer of 2017 and 2019
Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic February 2017
· Shadowed Dr. Kara Frey, PA-C
· Observed her role in attending to orthopedic patients in a busy clinic setting. This included pain management, reviewing tests and images, prescribing medications, casting, and advising.
FYZICAL Physical Therapy & Balance Centers April 2019
· Shadowed Robert Stanton, PT
· Observed the role of a physical therapist which included assessing injuries, performing orthopedic injury tests, assigning exercises or therapy, STEM, and post care.
Palm Beach Orthopedic Institute May 2019
· Shadowed under John Hinson, MD
Jupiter Joint Preservation and Limb Reconstruction Center June 2019
· Observing under Dr. Harris, MD, MBA
· Dr. Harris also has his MBA. Being able to observe allowed me to the chance to see how a privately owned office is run.
· Observed a wide variety of factors being Dr. Harris has experience in adult and pediatric orthopedics, joint preservation, limb lengthening and limb reconstruction.
Jupiter Orthopedics and Sports medicine
· Dr. Vansice, MD and Liam Tinson, PA-C Aug. 2020- April 2021
· Observed the role of an MD and PA partnership. This included administering injections, perform orthopedic exams, reviewing imaging, diagnosing, and surgeries in the Operating Room.
· Directed patients to exam rooms, fielded questions, and prepared for physician examinations.
· Obtained client medical history, including medication information, symptoms, and allergies
· Assisted first-hand in completion of clinical and cosmetic procedures while documenting all information in EMA for interpretation by the physician.
· Removed sutures and provided dressing changes to many types of wounds.
· Collected specimens that are sent to the lab for further testing and authorized medications to the pharmacy.
· Collaborate with Front Desk staff to provide quality patient care, an excellent patient experience, and promote in-office patient-flow
· Sanitized, restocked, and organized exam rooms and medical equipment.
· Collaborated with medical and administrative personnel to maintain a patient-focused, engaging, and compassionate environment.
· Created and prepared patient charts accurately for clinics and medical professionals.
· Obtained client medical history, including medication information, symptoms and allergies.
· Offered age-appropriate patient care before, during and after exams.
· Collected histories, vitals and current complaints via patient interviews.
· Documented patients' current symptoms, medical history, and other concerns that will help the primary physician deliver an accurate diagnosis.
· Obtain vital signs while interacting with patients
· Performed Electrocardiogram (ECG) for patients with heart related diseases or concerns.
· Performed medical procedures such as injections and urinalysis.
Delivered forms the patient must submit to see the primary physician and answered any questions the patients might have
Jupiter Beach clean up
· Community organization whose goal is to support and maintain environmentally healthy, clean, and dog friendly beaches in Jupiter, Florida. Friends of Jupiter Beach promotes the conservation of our beaches, encourages community awareness, engages in school partnerships, conducts monthly beach cleanups, and provides for dog bag boxes at each beach crossover.
Big brother, big sister
· Create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. The vision was to help young children in urban poverty-stricken areas around south Florida become brighter and educated for their futures.
· Starting in high school, my football team would volunteer at a near-by elementary school. We would be assigned a "little brother" and go every Monday after summer practice. I would continue this for the summers I was back home from college with my former high school football coach.
Trent Taylor memorial 5k
· During my tenure with my fraternity at FSU, Phi Delta Theta, I learned a couple years prior they had tragically lost a member, Trent Taylor, to a traumatic brain injury at 22 years old. Since then, they have teamed up with the Brain Injury Association of Florida (BIAF) in the fight against brain injuries. We hold a philanthropic event in his honor, as well as donate all proceeds to the BIAF to support survivors of brain injuries while being educated on the matter as well.
· First AID
· Medical Assistant
· Efficient in EMA
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: