Energetic, ambitious and forward-thinking Community Relations professional. Proven ability to develop and execute volunteer programs and coordinate special events. Experience with charities and fundraising.
Fluent in English and Swedish
• Develop and execute Lightning player community programs, which are customized by each individual to drive awareness for causes about which they are passionate. Since 2015, players have donated $875,000 to provide over 30,000 tickets to hundreds of non-profits
• Manage Hockey is for Everyone NHL Initiatives and awareness nights throughout the season, using the sport to educate the Tampa area to drive social change while building a healthy and vibrant community. This includes Hockey Fights Cancer, Hispanic Heritage, Military Appreciation, Black History, and Pride
• Launched and implemented Strikes of Kindness, an evolving social impact program, which involved managing 150 volunteers, including Lightning Owner Mr. Vinik, employees, players, coaches, season ticket members and partners visiting 40 sites while donating $100,000 to non-profits in Tampa Bay.
• Oversee the CHARGE volunteer program and creates opportunities for employees, season ticket members and corporate partners to donate their time and skills to help others. In 2019, Lightning employees donated 8,475 hours (101% increase from 2015-16) equivalent of $205,983 in manpower value contributed back to the community
• Maintain the in-kind donation program called Approve for Good. In 2018-19, the Lightning donated 1,455 items benefiting charity fundraisers, an 19% increase since joining the team in 2015
• Work closely with our Partnership Activation department for all contracts that include community outreach. Over 50 partners have give-back initiatives that contribute over one million dollars and 1,000 volunteer hours back into the community each year
• Assist with Lightning Foundation fundraising events, which have raised $3,500,000 since 2015, engaging staff volunteers at all Foundation events and serving as registration lead and general event support
• Supervise full-time Community Relations Coordinator
• Manage the community engagement budget, including all purchase orders, invoices and expense reports
• Administered existing community programs and continued strong relationships with local charities and non-profit organizations
• Managed and fulfilled all in-kind donation requests made to the Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Storm and Amalie Arena
• Maintained database of signed merchandise inventory in order to respond to local charity requests
• Distributed ticket donations to local community groups, overseeing usage rates and utilization
• Helped coordinate the company-wide C.H.A.R.G.E. volunteer program to ensure organization reaches goal of 4,000 volunteer hours, including the facilitation of monthly events and ALL In volunteer initiatives
• Coordinated Game Day themes & activities that included Community Elements and programming
• Worked closely with Public Relations on coordination and interface with Lightning players, coaches, alumnus and executives at community appearances, autograph signings and events
• Assisted with the coordination of school programming and the Arena's Celebration of the Arts event
• Executed internal merchandise signings multiple times per year
• Organized and executed Player Charity Ticket Programs throughout the season
• Helped maintain Community Relations and Foundation databases
• Assisted with fundraising, events and programs conducted by the Lightning Foundation, including the Bolts Family Carnival, Coop's Catch, and Bolt Run
• Supported community hockey outreach and fan development activities
• Partnered with Snapchat to create the “Isles Rock the Barn” Live Story for the final regular-season home game at Nassau Coliseum, which was seen 216 million times by 14.5 million unique users globally.
• Responsible for creating Facebook ad campaigns to drive single-game ticket sales. Campaigns generated 300% ROI. Prepare summary reports and make recommendations for future campaigns.
• Developed a website dashboard using Adobe Analytics (Omniture) to track click-throughs on the newyorkislanders.com homepage.
• Assisted in developing and executing digital programs to drive fan engagement. Programs include #NYIvoted (NHL All-Star voting campaign), #IslesRoadWarriors, #IslesLunchTrivia, and #IslesFindersKeepers.
• Managed execution of all print advertising for the 2014-15 season, including an $850K budget with Newsday. Scheduled insertions, uploaded artwork and confirmed run dates.
• Managed all print production. Worked with vendors to quote jobs and create production timelines. Responsible for ensuring that jobs arrived on time and on budget.
• Served as the Traffic Manager for the Creative Services department. Responsible for receiving all work orders, assigning the appropriate design resources, prioritizing jobs and securing client approval. Jobs included flyers, email blast, social media graphics, signage, etc.
• Organized and sold tickets for various memorabilia auctions, including the “Valentine's Day Puck Surprise” which raised $5,000 for the Islanders Children's Foundation and gave 25 winners the chance to have a blank mystery puck signed by a player at the end of the game.
• Managed the implementation of the Kids Club Program. Sent out team updates and promo items to 561 kids. Coordinated special Kids Club events at the Coliseum, including an open skate and the opportunity to watch an Islanders team practice.
• Worked with the Community Relations Manager to execute several player charity programs. Responsible for guest hospitality and ensuring each guest had the opportunity to meet the players post-game for autographs, photos and a tour of the locker room
• Assisted the Islanders Amateur Hockey Manager with the annual New York Islanders Light House Tournament. This included the scheduling and execution of hockey games and off-site events while supervising an international youth organization from Finland competing in the games.
• Responsible for fulfilling donation requests for charity events, fundraisers and in-school programs
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: