Talented Occupational Therapist bringing a clear understanding of pediatric development, best practices in assessment and intervention, and a focus on promoting meaningful participation in daily activities and increased self-efficacy of clients. Familiar with sensory processing disorder and intervention, program development, team leadership, and OT advocacy. Background includes working with patients with ASD, ADHD, SPD, and Learning Disabilities to improve quality of life and skills for participation in school, home, and social activities. Knowledgeable occupational therapy professional dedicated to improving patient outcomes. Looking to leverage 7 years of pediatric experience to take on a challenging new position as a pediatric Occupational Therapist.
· Collaborated with OT supervisor Lisa Fyffe to make the OT department more visible to the parents and students at the ECC
· Provided education for the OT team on Reggio language, principles, and documentation
· Participated with OTs to analyze observations of children's needs and behaviors to program interventions supporting individual children and the whole group
· Partnered with Lisa Fyffe on her thesis looking at the importance of play in early childhood development
o Promoted OT survey to ECC teachers and parents to increase participation
o Analyzed qualitative data from survey
o Planned and facilitated focus groups for research
§ Share knowledge and expertise of ECC and populations to support research questions/mission
§ Co-facilitated focus group discussions with parents following research IRB guidelines
· Supported OT students and Lisa Fyffe in planning and implementing OT obstacle courses that supported children in developing a variety of skills- proprioception, fine and gross motor, sensory, coordination, regulation- and developed documentation of these to distribute to ECC community
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: