· Review commercial loan applications and analyze credit information to make a general assessment of each applicant's credit worthiness.
· Administered online data searches, which included gathering data and recording evidence from bank internal systems as well as internet and commercial databases.
· Provide support for the Negative News Screening (NNS) process for retail banking.
· Escalate and present findings to bank senior management for risk decisions in remediating accounts.
· Evaluate commercial loan applications for new loan facilities as well as processing loan renewals and extensions, in accordance with business standards.
· Assist and counsel originators, qualifying loans, determining borrower's needs, determining appropriate commercial loan production in light of needs, and obtaining requisites financial date.
· Knowledge of AML/EDD/KYC/BSA Federal regulatory/ compliance to ensure sound judgment in reviewing information; to make appropriate assessments and risk ratings; completed specific and relevant standard forms definitive to each client and case analyst for QC.
· Thoroughly located a customer's account in various systems and flowed internal procedures for tracking and assigning complaints.
· Review construction contracts, leases, appraisals, environmental assessments report, UCC searches, flood determination insurance policies and other information to assess risk associated with the banks collateral position.
· Prepares underwriting package for approval as per established procedures.
· Evaluates commercial products, collateral adequacy, industry risk, purpose and viability of business.
· Reviews request business credit scores.
· Business reports and consumer bureaus.
· Key Results: Provided leadership in team building and developed strategies to improve retail account delinquency, credit approvals, credit increase while maintaining customer service.
· Provided high quality customer service on a wide variety of banking matters to nurture and grow both new and established long term relationships.
· Primary responsible for maintaining the monthly aging, coordinate and led collection activities or for company customers including letters, direct phone calls, and e-mails on past due accounts.
· Assess credit risk and establish credit limits.
· Recruited and trained third party collectors.
· Worked closely with the billing department to implement processes and policies that contribute to accurate invoicing.
· Enforced credit policy and assured adherence to accepted standards.
· Coordinated monthly team meetings.
· Researched fraudulent account activity to support discrepancies.
· Oversee and assist with the cleanup of unapplied receipts, short paid invoices and charge backs.
· Relays to controller any and all accounts that need to be written off to bad debt.
· Maintain bankruptcy files on customers.
· Interface with sales organization to communicate credit decisions and ensure timely review of new customers.
· Analyze customer financial statements.
· Addressed inbound customer call and complaints concerning billing or service rendered.
· Reconcile transactions and balances to maintain accurate accounts.
· Managed US and Foreign accounts below 10% with all necessary collection activity.
· Developed and standardize written policy documentation related to the credit and customer setup process.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: