Multi-talented Veterinary Technician with significant expertise in anesthesia, surgery, and client relationships. Demonstrated history of building strong rapport with clients and bonding with their pets. Proficient in handling various pet breeds and temperments, and eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Motivated to learn, grow and excel!
Surgical Work Shift:
• Prepared surgical instrument packs
• Monitored health and behavior of animals
• Administered medications to animals in treatment on regular, scheduled basis and documented any changes in condition.
• Calculated and administered anesthesia by intravenous, intramuscular, or subcutaneous injection.
• Assisted veterinary surgeon in a variety of surgeries and procedures including but not limited to spays (dystocia, pyometra, in heat/ obese), neuters (abdominal/ inguinal cryptorchid, scrotal ablation), foreign body, cystotomy, enucleation, entropion repair, limb amputation, and wound repairs
• Placed endotracheal tubes, IV catheters, urinary catheters, and prepped the patient for surgical procedures.
• Completed dental cleanings using ultrasonic scaler and performed dental extractions with no periosteal elevation, no tooth resectioning, and no bone resectioning.
• Maintained patient charts, surgical forms, surgery and anesthesia drug logs, and invoiced all surgical charges through Avimark.
Clinic Work Shift:
• Interacted with clients regarding animal health, questions and concerns, education on treatment protocol and general procedures.
• Create estimates for low income clients and invoice all charges performed through Avimark
• Educated clients in depth about prevention and treatment of parvovirus, heartworm disease, feline leukemia and FIV, and performed testing using idexx snap tests.
• Calculated dosages and administered parvovirus outpatient treatment care to patients.
• Cleaned and disinfected exam areas, equipment and kennels
• Conducted preliminary patient workups including gathering patient history information, description of symptoms from owner, and documenting presenting condition.
• Administer medications, vaccines, and treatments as instructed by veterinarian.
• Collected blood, urine, and feces for in house testing or prepared samples for laboratory testing.
Administering IV and urinary catheters
Calculating IV fluid rate
Surgical preparation and scrubbing
General anesthetic monitoring
Canine and Feline intubation
Calculation of controlled drugs
Thoracic, abdominal, and limb radiology
Closed- chest CPR
Feral cat handling
Anal gland expression
Sanitary Shave, trimming paw pads, plucking ears
Collecting blood, urine, and fecal samples
Fluorescein stain test
Ear and skin cytology
Specific gravity/ In house urine testing
Detecting ear mites, demadex, yeast and bacterial ear infections
Operating in house blood machine (Samsung PT10V)
Safe restraint, muzzling, and handling of dogs and cats
Experience with Covetrus, Idexx, Zoetis, and Antech
Reconstituting medications and vaccines
Scheduling, data entry, record keeping
Client Communication/ Customer Service
Calm in stressful situations
Fear Free Certification Program (February 2020)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: