Proficient in HIPPA, OSHA, and FDA requirements for medical laboratory work. Effective at working as generalist to conduct all types of tests. Quality-focused and collaborative team player with reputation for accuracy and efficiency.
Patient-focused Lab Tech with over 2 years experience working in a busy medical office working with diverse populations.
· Perform routine tests in clinical laboratories for use in treatment and diagnosis of disease using standard techniques and equipment
· Perform related duties in laboratory to include storing and labeling specimens and using manual and automatic equipment to prepare specimen and perform analytical tests
· Understand and comply with laboratory Quality and Control and Quality Assurance policies and procedure for instrumentation and testing
· Maintain records which demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
· Prepare solutions, reagents and stains following the standard laboratory formulas and procedures
· Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel; recognize Quality Control shifts and trends to take appropriateaction whenever necessary
· Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on test equipment, clean and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments, maintain laboratory supply chemical sand glassware; perform routine maintenance on equipment
· Follow up on patient lab specimens sent to reference laboratories for results
· Collect blood specimens from patients using venipuncture, heel stick or finger stick
· Carry out Point-of-Care Testing waived tests and urinalysis without microscope
· Utilize CPA and laboratory information systems and software
· Interact in a professional manner with doctors, mid-level providers, nurses, CMAs, and other personnel to provide technical guidance and address concerns
· Respect the privacy of patients by maintaining patient confidentiality at all times
· Receive accurate information on all patients and update all demographic fields required
· Performs special projects for the Senior Director of Administrative Operations as necessary
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: