Nationality: South African
Residency: Finland (EU)
I am self-driven, disciplined and a keen multi-tasker; characteristics I have demonstrated time and again, more so over the last five years while studying towards my post-grad degrees. In 2008/09 I was both a full-time honours student as well as full-time employee in a sales -related role, at an asset management company; during the worst financial crisis in decades. Those challenges notwithstanding, I graduated with a +60% average. The same goes for my Masters degree which I did in Finland, where I faced multiple challenges such as cultural, language, as well as adapting to new roles as a wife and first time mother; yet still completed my studies within the allocated time and obtained a +70% average.
Thesis topic: The impact of the nationalisation debate on the stock prices of South African mining companies: An event study.
The degree included 32 credits from Finance, which are made up of the following modules:
among others; where I gained knowledge and in some instances practical experience in corporate finance practices such as investment and project valuation, investment analysis, financial modelling, etc.
Minor in Information Systems and Technology
STANLIB is an asset management company whose products include unit trusts, investment plans as well as pre- and post retirement investment products for individuals and companies. As an investment Specialist my primary role was to partner with sales managers with regards to the training and development needs of their teams by:
• Mentoring and assisting them to understand the company's investment products
• Helping them identify client needs and offer solutions
• Ensuring their knowledge is up to date with regards to new economic developments, legislation, the investment environment as well as competitor products and investment market trends
• Leading through example with consistent work ethic, attitude, and professionalism while ensuring high-quality customer service
• Presentations to sales consultants, clients and potential clients.
as well as
Liberty Life is a life insurance company whose product offering includes risk and investment solutions for individuals as well as companies. My main duties were:
• Training Independent Financial Advisors (IFA's) on our product offering.
• Ensuring that we secured enough business through the IFA's to meet both my personal and the overall team targets.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining commercially productive relationships with both new and old advisors
• Addressing key queries and resolving them in an expedited manner, promoting sustained revenue growth through client retention and the leveraging of cross-sales opportunities
• Maintaining a strong working knowledge of products/services and respective market places, including regulatory trends, competitor strategies, product growth, general economic conditions, and other relevant information
• Acting as a liaison between the IFA's and support staff, and other management partners to facilitate information flow and drive operational efficiency
•Researching on and writing quarterly and ad hoc reports on the local and global investment environments and economic trends. These reports were made available to the public through the company's corporate site at www.momentum.co.za
•Assisting Business Development Managers, consultants and brokers help clients make calculated decisions with regard to their current and future investments.
•Explaining our product offering to new broker consultants through monthly presentations
•Working closely with the preferred client desk, answering specialized client queries with regard to investment funds and products.
•Conducting investment market research as and when needed
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: