Talented leader offering diversity and inclusion expertise gained through 10+ years of producing an educated and diverse workforce in the higher education sector. Motivating leader with history of building and managing functional and management teams. Proficient at identifying diversity issues and integrating practical solutions to achieve desired results. Strong relationship builder works well with a variety of stakeholders.
· Administration of state and federal grants including TRIO, National Science Foundation, and Washington Student Co-Principal Investigator for National Science Foundation S-STEM Grant.
· Washington Student Achievement Council/College Success Foundation totaling $3 million in funding.
· Assisted with the acquisition and implementation of the Mathematics, Engineering, Science Achievement (MESA) grant totaling $250,000.
· Hire, train, and supervise five full-time employees including faculty, classified, and exempt union represented positions.
· Collaborate with various campus entities such as enrollment services, institutional research, financial aid, outreach, advising, instruction, etc. that support TRIO eligible students.
· Create recruitment strategy for identifying and enrolling eligible first generation, low-income and students with disabilities.
· Maintain regulatory compliance of budget, expenditures, reporting, and record-keeping.
· Responsible fiscal management for four budgets.
· Serve on campus-wide committees as a subject-matter expert on First-Generation, Low-income student needs.
· Lead Guided Pathways efforts to increase strategies for recruiting, retaining, and graduating community college students to enter the workforce.
· Participate in advocacy efforts at local, state, and federal level.
· Served on “Diversity in Hiring” committee to revise and revamp hiring practices for Everett Community College.
· Maintain tracking and data of outcomes for annual reporting purposes.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: