With a focus on player development; positive coaching methodology; and player accountability as head coach of the Penn Manor High School Boys Lacrosse program I was able to develop a competitive program qualifying for the PIAA District 3 tournament four years in a row with 3 league consecutive appearances in the Lancaster-Lebanon league tournament.
Key responsibilities of the position included:
- Developed game plans and adjusted them according to observed situations on the field to set the team up for success.
- Executed high tempo practice plans with a focus on player development through increased touches and sport I.Q.
- Fostered a culture focused on creating leaders through creation of a leadership class.
- Instilled a connection between the team and the local community through volunteer opportunities.
- Recruited a team of coaches and coordinated responsibilities to suit their strengths; personalities, and provide opportunities for growth.
- Developed and nurtured working relationships with parents, boosters club, and key school stakeholders.
- Administrative and cooperative involvement with community youth program.
Lead trainer of all three levels of coaching development educational training provided by the national governing body of the sport of lacrosse, US Lacrosse. The position has provided the opportunity to educate coaches from across the country how to effectively and positively teach the fundamentals, strategy, and game of lacrosse to their athletes. My effective presentation style has earned me the opportunity to train coaches at the national coaching convention since 2011.
By earning the privileged of becoming a certified Positive Coach Alliance lacrosse trainer has allowed me to share the advantages of double goal coaching while emphasizing the effects of positive teaching methodology.
Using a coaching philosophy of Fun, Fundamentals, and Fair my position of head coach of a U-13 summer lacrosse club team honed skills in player development through the adaptation of coaching techniques for younger players with varying levels of skill, attention, and commitment to the sport.
Team offensive coordinator and specialist position coach focused on face-offs were the primary responsibilities as an assistant coach for the Penn Manor High School lacrosse program. During the three years as an assistant I contributed towards the transformation of a program from sub .500 season performance to consecutive District tournament appearances.
Trusted with the responsibilities as offensive coordinator and face-off specialist coach as an assistant coach for the Lampeter-Strasburg Boys Lacrosse program.
Job Titles Held: