Experienced Global Financial Crimes Investigator with over 10 years of experience in the financial industry. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements. I am qualified to analyze and research fraud claims and possess sound knowledge of financial investigation procedures and state and federal banking regulations.
• Research and investigate questionable activity, and if necessary complete the suspicious activity report (SARs) in a detailed and concise manner.
• Research and verify the accuracy of information obtained through referrals in the context of investigations by using my vast knowledge of bank systems and experience in analyzing client transnational activity.
• Collect, analyze, and interpret relevant documents and financial records to obtain the necessary information to make an informed decision on the status of the client's banking relationship.
• Investigate multi-level complex fraud cases that required the interviews of several suspects to make a logical determination on their level of culpability.
• Partner with local, state, and federal law enforcement to questions and inquiries of suspicious activities in client's accounts.
o Assisted Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department and the United States Postal Inspection Service by providing the necessary data and documents to make arrests and secure convictions of suspects responsible for $2.6 million dollar check fraud exposure to the bank.
o Reported the activity by completing multiple SARS on more than 1,000 suspects responsible for the fraudulent activity.
o Identified and articulated risks to the Bank of America internal strategies team to aide in the closing of technology gaps that would enable the bank to proactively identify the check fraud before excessive losses occur.
• Analyzed and validated data for suspicious Sales Ethics, Information Protection, High Risk Policy Adherence, and Associate Misuse of Position risk related activity, providing feedback to programmers to ensure the correct activity is identified.
• Gathered and documented test requirements from test owners in order to develop compliance tests to ensure Bank of America associates enterprise wide are adhering to Federal Bank regulations.
• Engaged with various Lines of Business and key stakeholders within the bank to assess their needs and to identify gaps in monitoring and determine areas of risk.
• Contributed on a cross functional team that was assembled to evaluate financial center cash controls by creating a Cash Dashboard to close gaps and drive significant improvement using emerging monitoring technology
o Created metrics using conclusive internal loss event criteria.
o Reviewed previous cash control breakdowns in Financial Centers and created reports based on those breakdowns for the dashboard.
o Tested the model and the ability to detect questionable associate behaviors.
o Model designed to be dynamic to add, remove, or modify metrics as needed.
• Served as a project manager for monitoring filters utilizing the DMAIC process to develop monitoring routines to mitigate Reputational, Financial, Regulatory, and Litigation risks.
o Filters resulted in the detection of over 5,000 unauthorized associate risk events since launch date.
• Successfully implemented Greenbelt project ��Kenai” that created a patent pending systematic monitoring approach to identify suspicious activity by associates by force balancing their cash drawers to conceal theft of funds.
o Identified multiple associates of force balancing in the first month of analysis.
• Analyzed transaction reports on multiple filters including but not limited to information protection and policy adherence utilizing parameters set by the department and judgment based on work experience to determine if associate activity was warranted.
• Escalated suspicious and/or unusual behavior of associates for investigation and remediation of risk offering clarification of the activity to the responsible manager when needed.
• Performed user acceptance testing on the internal Bank of America system Online Manager Alert and Notification (OMAN) for use across the enterprise.
• Reviewed associate online activity for suspicious and/or unusual behavior utilizing Bank of America internal systems Coin, Boss-Fast, BOL, PMRR, and Document Direct.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: