• Lead efforts to improve performance and resolve quality issues by rigorously applying methodical problem solving techniques to contain the problem, identify root causes, and implement sustainable corrective actions.
• Define, measure, and monitor process performance metrics (OEE, Defect Rates, Process RFT, Cp, and Cpk) to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Define critical-to-quality process parameters (speeds, temperatures, pressures) using a Process FMEA and other analytical tools; implement measurement and control systems to ensure the process operates as required to meet product and customer specifications.
• Provide hands-on support for new product industrialization and initial production runs, ensuring that the process is capable of safely producing high quality product that meets specification, productivity, and cost targets. This would typically include specifying and documenting process parameters and tooling.
• Manage daily process quality performance to include the investigation of issues, the disposition of items with defects, and the initiation of corrective and preventative actions.
• Work with internal and external suppliers of materials, equipment, and services to execute projects, resolve problems, and improve processes.
• Select, design, modify, and maintain tooling, fixtures, and equipment as needed to improve safety, quality, throughput, and productivity.
• Develop and maintain process training and certification documentation to insure that operators clearly understand all position requirements.
• Improve housekeeping and safety by applying the 5S principles and participating in audit programs. Support business plan objectives to increase productivity, reduce waste, improve quality, and enhance safety.
• Identify, justify, plan, and lead continuous improvement, new product development, and capacity expansion projects.
• Lead, participate, and support cross-functional project teams as assigned to achieve required objectives
• Work with the Technology Group to develop future products and processes including evaluating, selecting, and commissioning of process equipment.
• Purchase tooling and supplies for department while maintaining operating budgets.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: