Focused Operations Manager successful in contract negotiation and process improvement. Remains calm and poised even in high-pressure situations. Adept at leveraging in-depth knowledge of industry trends and shifts to offer valuable insights on opportunities for new growth and expansion.
After 3 years - 75 projects and $500 M dollars worth of successful DER operations management the CEO selected me to build their Energy Storage EPC division. This effort was in a response to a large new market forming nationally to which we needed to expand the company EPC offering to include this technology expertise and new service.
After opening the northeast office in Worcester, MA my team built 300 Megawatts of distribution connected Solar DER's. Entering into a new market I was responsible for P&L, Contracting, Procurement,Establishing a new remote office, Hiring, Contractor relationship management, training, project operations
lead the advancement of a solar distributed generation construction division. The in-house team consists of six Program, Construction and QA/QC Managers. Together we have developed and constructed over 40mW of solar power plants across Massachusetts, Rhode Island and New York. The scope of the projects that I was responsible for were as small as an 89 KW roof up to the site development and plant construction of a 40 acre, 6MW ground mount. The total portfolio exceeded 60 million dollars in 2014 and 2015. The 2016 Construction portfolio of Owned and third party EPC construction is expected to exceed 60 mW made up of over 20 projects.
● Developed a construction workbook which consisted of daily metric tracking and QA/QC milestone check lists creating a standardized platform by which we could expand into new markets and onboard new employees with no loss in quality or consistency.
● Created handoff process and documentation to create a consistent and measurable completion and handoff of completed assets to third party or our own operations and maintenance division.
● Spear-headed incorporating cloud based spreadsheets across the EPC team to track long lead projects and keep the teams apprised of development, preconstruction and active construction project status.
● Lead an initiative with the finance team to plan loan origination and construction start around utility interconnection time frames. The goal was to reduce construction loan expenses by paralleling utility construction schedules with plant construction which reduced plant down time and increased generation revenue.
● Redesigned organization chart to better suit a more typical EPC environment. Adding Program Managers, Construction managers and Quality/Control Closeout Managers
With over 100 successful projects and nearly 500 MM of gross revenue since 2013, I am a project deliverable focused Executive and boots on the ground leader. I am motivated by building systems that encourage continual process improvement which ensures successful projects outcomes for clients. Progressive leadership experiences have helped me in working towards building goal oriented groups, who meet measured progress through metric based and critical path management strategies to deliver certainty for all of the project stakeholders.
Team Manager - Martin United Soccer Club
Active Outdoors Mountain Bike and gravel cyclist
State of Florida and NASCLA (30 states) General Contractors licencensing
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: