Clinical Supervisor bringing over 7 years of experience to growing organization. Talented in improving nurse and staff competencies, managing staff schedules and overseeing delivery of care to patients.
• Provided direct care to patients in home setting and evaluate medical needs such as PT, OT, MSW, HHA, SLP and order home supplies to assist in recovery process.
• Communicate effectively with colleagues to establish effective plan of care for patient well being, responsible for managing a multiple patient case load and complete supervision of LPN and HHa.
• Assess and evaluate patient severity and organize visits accordingly. Provided detailed education on disease processes and management.
• skilled in wound care management, wound vac, IV insertion/PiCC care/maintenance, ostomy care.
• Fulfilled roll as Charge Nurse, when assigned, with responsibility to supervise 3-5 Nurses and 2 HHA to a 15 bed Neurology intermediate care unit. Responsible to evaluate staffing needs, assess and assign patient workload as appropriate to staff, and maintain a patient workload of my own.
• Assess and provide care for patients in an intermediate setting, dispensing medications, maintaining schedules for appropriate testing, monitoring and identifying cardiac rhythm strips, providing safety to all patients and family members during stay.
• Responsible for communicating effectively and in a timely manner to physicians regarding emergencies and change in patient health status.
• Responsible for assessment and implementation of nursing care to patients in emergent care settings and evaluate need for intervention before patient's health deteriorates.
• Responsible for working closely with colleagues to promote patient health and safety, medication dispensing, obtaining and maintaining IV/central lines, caring for telemetry and vented patients and performing necessary patient procedures in accordance to Dr. orders.
• Maintain care for stabilized/critical patients that are waiting for admissions to hospital bed and communicating with patient primary physician along with caring for new emergent patient cases.
Job Titles Held: