Accomplished Executive Finance Director with 10+ years as a financial issues problem solver who can envision the “Big Picture” while drilling down to the details.
Expert in establishing cross-functional partnerships that generate successful strategies and deliver stellar solutions.
Well qualified in Staff development, coaching, and performance monitoring.
Successful in creating and executing standard operating policies and procedures to positively impact organizational goals..
Thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial atmosphere and Seek to leverage experience in directing financial operations with an exceptional corporation.
▪ Oracle Hyperion
▪ Microsoft Excel
Areas of Expertise:
▪ Monthly Accounting Close
AT&T, Morristown, NJ
Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), International
▪ Directed $1.4 billion five-year financial plan, consolidation and submission to corporate finance representing subsidiaries in EMEA (Europe/Middle East/ Africa), Canada, Asia Pacific, Caribbean and Latin America.
▪ Managed contract process which included revisions to pricing model. Successful negotiations with business unit heads attributed to $406M savings.
▪ Oversaw $1 million budget development, consolidated and submitted to corporate finance throughout planning process.
▪ Matrix managed 15 analysts. Cultural differences attributed to corporate deliverables not met. Attended Thunderbird Executive Education with concentration on global markets. Deliverables met three consecutive years ahead of schedule.
AT&T Director, Financial Reporting, International
▪ Delivered $1.5B consolidated financial reporting package for review with senior management. Identified areas to reduce cost to meet monthly budget target.
▪ Forecast developed for monthly submission to corporate finance. Time zones caused problems meeting deadlines. Some reviews with senior management held during weekend (non-work hours) to meet corporate deliverables.
▪ Managed financial restatements integration into financial systems due to mergers, acquisitions or spin-offs. Manual labor hours reduced to less than 8%.
▪ Presented report on business drivers with analysis of key performance indicators to senior management.
AT&T: Director, Billing, Chargeback, and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Information Technology (IT)
▪ Directed five-year $1.2B financial plan. Business Unit Pricing discrepancies. Revised pricing model. Savings of $1.7M.
▪ Owned division budget. Trend revealed over budget by $1M annually. Mandate that actuals must equal budget or layoffs. Implemented 90 day plan that entailed cutting costs and shifting cost structure mix. Budget underrun by $500K.
▪ Responsible for accounting close, billing, chargeback and managing billing systems. Outdated systems caused billing errors. Led business process cross-functional team to review/upgrade technology. Monthly accruals reduced by 91%.
▪ Controller for start-up subsidiaries in Japan, China, Germany and Canada. No financial controls. Ninety percent of staff was consultants. Replaced consultants with full-time staff. Implemented financial controls. Savings of $4M.
▪ Led business process cross-functional SOX team. Implemented changes based on audit to meet compliance.
Taught Principles of Economics, Finance and STEM courses.
▪ Direct $5+ million five-year financial plan with underlying assumptions. Presented financial plan to stakeholders in a clear and concise manner that was easy to understand.
▪ Responsible for P&L. Selected external accounting firm. Partner in initial audit. Process improvements implemented and presented to senior management. G&A expenses decreased by 37%.
▪ Develop and manage budget using entrepreneurial drive. Meet with senior management to review variance analysis. End-of-year results underbudget.
▪ Oversee the operations of cash management (payroll, accounts payable and daily cash receipts). Payment discrepancies attributed to increased accounts payable (AP). Deep dive analysis led to renegotiated terms. $228K increased cash flow.
▪ Responsible for financial reporting package. Re-engineered financial and management reporting process which delivered a more timely, accurate, and detailed reporting package for use by executive management for decision making.
▪ Act as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all accounting related topics.
▪ Negotiated and structured bank financing arrangements resulting in additional capital for company expansion.
▪ Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual forecast (stretch targets). Presented valued added analysis on risks and opportunities. Presented options to stakeholders to make informed decisions that increased revenues by 12%.
▪ Lead business process re-engineering. Manual process for tracking accounts payable was inefficient. Spearheaded and implemented technology to automate billing. Reduced accounts payable late fees to less than 1%.
▪ Re-negotiated contracts. Prices too high. Updated financial model. Reduced operating costs by 37%.
▪ Four person team. Managed and re-engineered department reducing workload by 30% and headcount by 45% yielding $185k in annual savings.
President, Nailah Girls Mentoring Program. Mentor teenage girls between ages 12 -18 for the past 17 years.
Over 67 girls have earned a Bachelor's of Arts Degree (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree.
22% have earned an Advanced Degree.
Community Service Advocate.
Raised over $50,000 to support community organizations helping:
International Youth Organization, Goodwill Rescue Mission, Hurricane Sandy Relief Packages, Teen Challenge …
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
Morgan State University Distinguished Alumni
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: