I'm a skilled, proficient safety leader, who is
versatile, results-driven and innovative, with proven success in balancing proactive safety, training and security with customer service and operations.
Equipped with over 29 years' experience with the
last 16 year in the safety and security management.
Extensive experience in the planning and analyzing the implementation and management of Workers Compensation claims, occupational injury prevention, safety, security and regulatory compliance programs.
I have a proven track record in managing multiple
locations, projects and maintain positive relationships with all federal, state and local agencies.
• Provide input and direction to staff for projects, training and development.
• Weekly meetings with staff and leadership, within the organization, to make sure the organization is delivering expected results.
• Respond to inquiries on issues that involve Capital Projects at the beginning stage within and outside the organization.
• Work with Fairfax County staff on strategic goals, define objectives and meet goals through defined metrics.
• Review and approve expenditures that are in accordance with the approved safety department budget.
• Provide critical input to the development of the county-wide Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) to grow the transit authority infrastructure and ensure the plan is being met and messaged to stakeholders.
• Serve as a key member of the Regional leadership team to drive safety and security initiatives with regards to policy and capabilities.
• Establish training for employees on a wide range of safety topics including, driver training, pedestrian awareness, conflict resolution, driver assault prevention, safe work practices, first aid, emergency response, SMS, regulatory compliance and other topics.
• Spearhead the audit program aimed at ensuring that all facilities maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory authority policy.
• Ensure all safety incidents (personal injuries, vehicle accidents and property damage) including near misses are reported and investigated including root cause determination and establishment of appropriate corrective actions.
• Champion activities designed to empower employees to take ownership of and lead safety efforts in their role.
• Create and direct polices relating to the security of company employees, facilities and property.
• Lead other loss control and prevention initiatives that specifically include: Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Maintenance Safety Equipment, Field and Facility Safety Equipment.
• Lead the company's quality programs including the Pedestrian Safety Working Group that will establish operational practices, near-miss tracking and record-keeping that will enable consistently meeting industry standards and client expectations.
• Ensure compliance with MV Transportation and Fairfax County corporate safety policies including the MV Safety Manual, Client Policy Manual, SSEPP Manual, Crisis Management Manual, SSPP Manual and Driver Training Manual.
• Represent MV Transportation and ensure compliance with a broad range of federal, state and local government regulations Compliance with US federal regulations specifically includes those of the following agencies: o Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of Transportation (DOT) and Virginia Dept. Of Transportation (VDOT).
• Oversaw the entire safety and security program for 2 locations on the east coast.
• Operated with 3 direct reports to ensure all vital safety, training, vehicles and disciplinary issues where addressed.
• Created a new vehicle inspection program, to ensure all vehicles were safe for drivers and the motoring public.
• Created a new NDO training program for all new drivers.
• Created a training mentor program to allow new drivers to ride with experienced drivers to learn how to correctly do the job.
• Grew the operating fleet by 48.1% in 18 months.
• Improved accident frequency 32% from the previous year.
• Improved injury frequency by 78% from the previous year.
• Introduced DriveCam to the organization to assist in lowering accident frequency by adopting the 300-29-1 rule.
• Successfully passed FMCSA DOT audit
• Region covered 10 locations 300 employees
• Created a new driver progress reporting process
• Created a new safety program known as safety blitz
• Increase safety meeting participation YOY by 49 percent.
• Lowered accident frequency by 41% YOY
• Lowered injury frequency by 39% YOY
• Implemented safety lane inspections to assist in improving vehicle safety inspections
• Regional responsibilities from Boston, MA to Miami FL
• Created new training program for new drivers
• Implemented training process for forklift operators and warehouse working employees
• Implemented a steel toe shoe policy in all hazardous areas
• Increase security measures at all facilities to ensure not hazardous materials incidents could occur.
• Created a training program for all night shift employees to ensure they were issued company policies, regulations, and organization handbook.
• Implemented training and certification classes for all staff. Assisted with certifications such as: forklift, OSHA 10 &30, Hazwoper, HM126F and proper load securement
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: