Provide decisive leadership and vision to stimulate organizational development multi-state/overseas growth while meeting challenges of change; align human capital with business goals to impact bottom-line performance.
An authentic manager, offering acommitment to valuing people, creativity, quality, integrity, openness, respect, diversity, and teamwork and who attracts talented people, inspiring them to succeed.
Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish; conversational in French and Portuguese
Leadership & Supervision
Due Diligence/Task Force
Reorganization & Culture Change
Policies & Procedures
Standards of Excellence
Health, Safety & Security
Union Liason/ Ngotiatons
- Lead the HR function at Sapphire Falls Resort and Royal Pacific Resort at Loews Hotels Universal Orlando campus.
- Facilitate the business strategies – mission, vision, and core principles, focusing on the quality of the total person workforce experience designed to engage and elevate employees.
- Develop and lead all aspects of HR service delivery that support talent acquisition/retention, training and employee development, positive employee relations, compensation and benefits , performance management and diversity/inclusion.
- Proactively address compliance requirements in employment, benefits administration, health and safety, wage & hour, and miscellaneous legal matters. Prepare and craft position statements to respond to EEOC, FCHR, and other regulatory agencies
- Successfully activated new human capital management software/HRIS – Workday, Inc.
- Recipient of the prestigious Orlando Sentinel Top Work Places – garnering 1st place.
· As the steward of the Bags Inc. First Class culture, responsible for driving “The Greatest Customer Service Ever” to a nationwide workforce with diverse talents and skills.
· Lead all aspects of Human Resources, ensuring the organization possesses the people skills and capabilities to develop and execute the organization's mission and growth strategy.
· Charged with strategically building the Company's reputation as an employer of choice.
· As a member of the senior leadership team, proactively partner with the business leaders to provide consultative support and counsel and align business needs and Human Resources strategies.
· Actively engaged in overall responsibility for the Human Resources function including employee and labor relations, contract negotiations, due diligence taskforce, leadership and employee development, leadership succession and organizational effectiveness, talent acquisition, change management, corporate communications, benefits and human capital management systems.
· Chief Union Negotiator for the Company.
· Vitalized the HR infrastructure in alignment with company vision / goals, integrating systems and processes to support objectives, effect continuous improvement and cultivate a culture evolution. Ensured fair and consistent treatment of staff; kept employees happy and productive; and met the needs of an ever-changing environment.
· As a member of the corporate Executive Committee, contributed to crafting corporate vision, values and behaviors into a guest and employee delivery system known as Peabody Service Excellence; launched a number of initiatives adopted corporate-wide to strengthen brand / build corporate value.
• Designed and implemented an OJT guest service training program which improved guest comment scores to high 90s while reducing “action” or “monitor” issues on employee work life surveys to 0.
- Crafted / piloted TEAM (Training and Education of Associates by Mentors) program, including well-calculated metrics based on interviews with top performers; often 60 mentors at any one time.
- Created a checklist as new-hire job aide during 90-day introductory period to ensure standardized, consistent guest service.
· Launched corporate-wide Peabody Leadership University, a comprehensive skill-building program required for supervisors, currently offering 18 critical leadership areas in 18 weeks.
· Developed and monitored annual departmental budget that included HR services such as employee relations and awards, employee training / development, recruitment, advertising and social activities.
· Reduced annual employee turnover among “high potentials,” from a high of 30% down to 8%, by introducing retention programs aimed at top performers.
- Designed career pathing and recognition programs that kept staff engaged and happy.
- Initiated competitive compensation / benefit plans toward retaining high performers.
· Drafted policies and maintained company compliance to government regulations, documentation and reporting requirements, realizing minimal company exposure to lawsuits; never a loss in 25 years.
· Played key role in preparation for significant hotel expansion in 2010 (from 891 to 1,642 rooms and from 56K to 450K s.f. meeting space), requiring 1K new employees.
· Orchestrated a mass hire, screening 10K applicants for 1K positions, timing a smooth flow and creating goodwill within community, realizing no perceived discrimination issues; most still there.
· Introduced the Blueprint Committee with 10 structured subcommittees, encouraging employee involvement in continuous improvement — 100% of managers and 25% of full-time staff participated.
- Committees contributed to profitability enhancement, community goodwill and corporate responsibility green initiatives to address sustainability / reduce footprint).
- Achieved 30% employee community service participation contributing at least 25 hours annually.
· Began with Peabody at opening / start up in 1986 as an Employment / Training / Benefits Manager, earning promotion to Assistant Director, Human Resources, by 1988.
Educational Institute of America - Certified Human Resources Executive (CHRE)
Fluent in English and Spanish
Conversational in French, Italian and Portuguese
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: