Diligent Nursing professional with demonstrated success in my field of mental health practices. Agile and responsive to dynamic patient needs and environmental conditions. Team-oriented and reliable with expert healthcare knowledge, clear verbal and written communication skills and sound clinical judgment.
· Sound knowledge on ICD 10 and current Mental Health ACT 2014
· Sound level of knowledge regarding service flow and structures for the provision of care
· Care coordination and case management, formulation on SMART goals for recovery in an individualized care planning
· Patient privacy and confidentiality, the inclusion of family/carer education and advocacy
· Bilingual fluency
· Working with different aspects of the multidisciplinary team to facilitate best evidenced-based care, while maintaining effective communication skills with stakeholders and within the team members for best outcomes
· Ability to identify and manage acute psychiatric and physical health deterioration in a timely and efficient manner
· Patient consultation, assessment and treatment provision, with excellent conflict resolution skills
· Working within the scope of allowed practices while aware of contemporary evidenced-based research and meet the standards of NSQHS
· Awareness and implementation for metabolic risks screening
· Therapeutic 1 to 1 intervention skill set training and psychoeducation provision on a BioPsychoSocial approach and Trauma-informed care
· Demonstrated ability and –evidence for effective supervision, promotion and education on contemporary –practices as part of an ongoing professional development
Leadership Developmental Programme as part of the Masters of Business Administration
Masters of Mental Health Nursing (Coursework) w/ Distinction 3.8/4 GPA
- Dual Diagnosis and community work
- Assessment Analysis Mental health
- Global Mental Health
- Leadership Supervision and Mentoring
- Physical Assessment and Therapeutics Initiatives in Mental Health
· Ongoing case management and assessment of consumer conditions by performing thorough mental state examinations and excellent documentation
· Evaluation of ongoing risk matrix possibilities while facilitating an effective proactive approach to minimize further deterioration and maintenance of recovery progress towards discharge e.g. requirements for 2 person visits for some consumers while being trauma-informed and culturally aware/sensitive
· Support networking and acting as a liaison/advocate between services available to facilitate a holistic care approach for consumers in need of support services
· Monitoring of metabolic risks and requesting labs tests necessary with multidisciplinary team consultation; medication blood test - Clozapine, Lithium, Sodium Valproate parameters, Full Blood Count (FBC) etc.
· Provisioning of reassurances and inclusion for both carers and consumers involved re expected progression throughout the recovery journey
· Facilitation of care provisioning, acute interventions and liaison with relevant services for timely care e.g. Enactment of MHA14, organisation of transfer and liaison with appropriate services for facilitating admission
· Ongoing updating and self-monitoring of clinical reviews, self-reflection and supervision re progression of the clinical role
· Participation in ongoing Mental Health Quality Improvement Projects (MHQIP) - currently engaged with Dual Diagnosis Treatment Project at RPBG · Clinical Leadership to assist with identifying of acute changes and risks, managing of reducing harm for consumers and peers: e.g. administration of depots, safe surroundings and aggression de-escalation, assisting with the enactment of MHA14 with peers who are not as experienced.
· Assess consumer conditions by performing thorough mental state examinations and asking appropriate medical questions in acute phases
· Evaluated nursing practices and processes and made changes.
· Evaluated patient progress and responses to various treatments.
· Ordered labs tests necessary with multidisciplinary team consultation
· Explained side effects from medications and provided in-depth education to consumers
· Monitor and identify consumers at risk for potential metabolic risks syndromes
· Coordinated consumer care daily, organizing visits, medical / consultant reviews and advocating for consumers to access of best evidence-based treatment
· Maintained consumer records and ensured consumer privacy and clinical compliance.
· Provided counselling to consumer, carers and families and refer to other treatment facilities for ongoing management
· Assist with establishing standards for ongoing professional development and work practice standards
· Maintaining a high level of staff morale and professionalism as part of ongoing professional development
· Ensured safety and well-being of patients.
· Skillfully managed facility operations to ensure smooth service delivery by consistently operating to the highest standards of care.
· Continually improved knowledge, skills and performance based on feedback and self-identified professional developmental needs.
· Led the clinical team in delivering care services that promotes best evidenced-based practices
· Supervision of students and new graduate nurses when allocated to ward setting for orientation or placement
· Effectively served as the primary liaison for consumer and stakeholders
· Collaborated on strategic planning and kept practice operations aligned with organizational mission, vision and goals.
· Maintained good communication between department heads, medical staff and governing boards by attending board meetings and synchronizing interdepartmental functions.
· Evaluated patients with presented co-morbid physical health complexities; diabetes, metabolic risks, falls risks, seizures / withdrawals etc.
· Administered assessments and developed trauma-informed care based therapeutic plans for consumer recovery
· Performed ongoing assessments to evaluate mental health needs, working with the multidisciplinary team to develop, initiate, manage and modify individualized plans of care
· Participated in education activities, including evidence-based practice project implementation, nursing competency development and nursing simulation activities.
· Educate consumers and answered questions about the health condition, prognosis and treatment.
· Collaborated with the multidisciplinary team to quickly assess consumers and deliver appropriate treatment while managing rapidly changing conditions.
· Directed nursing activities for MHOA via coordinating roles, employee management and providing guidance to nurses to deliver outstanding care and optimal consumer satisfaction.
· Explained course of care and medications, including side effects to consumers and caregivers in easy-to-understand terms.
· Provided exceptional care in a wide range of high-acuity complex setting such as management of acute psychotic symptoms, de-escalation of violence and aggression and acute physical health deterioration and stabilization
· Equipped consumers with the tools and knowledge needed for sustained recovery.
· Managed nurses and nursing activities in the hospital by providing comprehensive nursing guidance and maintaining outstanding consumer satisfaction and care standards according to NSQHS.
· Trained new nurses in proper techniques, care standards, operational procedures and safety protocols to optimize performance and safety.
· Maintained highest levels of consumer satisfaction, generating referrals to maintain productivity levels acute inpatient unit with a very high turn over of consumers.
18 Month Graduate Collaborative Nurse Programme
Surgical Rotations in Neurosurgery and High Dependency Unit
Medical Rotations in the Acute Medical Assessment Unit and Emergency Department
· Registered Nurse in Western Australia
· Current AHPRA registration NM 0001684328
· Working with Children ID 864580
· Authorized Mental Health Practitioner (AMHP) since 2017
· NEXUS Human Performance and Factors Training
· Occupational Health and Safety Representative since 2015 with FELGATE SAFETY TRAINING WORK-SAFE ID 20151672
· Key worker training conducted with Alcohol and Other Drugs consumers
· DBT and CBT Professional Development courses via the Center of Clinical Intervention
· 2 Day Gatekeeper Suicide Prevention workshop via the Mental Health Commission
· Clinical Skills for working with consumers with Personality Disorder - Project AIR 2019
· Mental State Examination and Risks Assessments for AMHP via the Mental Health Commission
· Mental Health Chief Psychiatry Capacity Forum via the Mental Health Commission
· Predict, Assess, Respond to Challenging / Aggressive Behavior
· Ongoing engagement with Mental Health Quality Improvement Programme (MHQIP) re - Dual Diagnosis Co morbid Disorder
· Participation in ongoing maintenance and evaluation of the Wellness Clinics Model of Care for Clozapine and depot therapy to community-based consumers
· Mandatory and Core competencies as required
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: