Patient and client-focused veterinarian with proven leadership in veterinary practice management backed by successful career as clinical practitioner in small animal medicine and surgery. Collaborative and motivating team builder with proven strengths in operations management, strategic planning, and organizational transformation.
Anesthesia - over 500 performed surgical cases
Diagnostic imaging; Radiography, Nuclear scintigraphy, Ultrasound
Ethical medicine within a highly regulated environment
Advanced treatment procedures; IRAP, Stem Cells, PRP
Extensive Sales Experience
Thoroughbred racehorse focused practice on the Southern California racing circuit (Santa Anita, Del Mar, Los Alamitos, formally: Pomona, Hollywood Park)
Lameness focus - evaluated top level thoroughbreds for racing. regularly performed diagnostic blocks
Diagnostics - nuclear scintigraphy, MRI
Advanced treatment procedures - IRAP, stem cells, PRP
Anesthesia - over 500 cases
Extensive experience working within a highly regulated industry
Breeders Cup at Santa Anita - Veterinarian and consultant for top level racehorses from all over the world
Extensive sales experience
Fasig-Tipton two year olds in training
Barretts yearling, two year olds in training, mixed
Intern position at a full service equine exclusive practice.
• Gained a broad-based practical and extensive hands-on experience in lameness, reproduction, preventative medicine, taking radiographs, anesthesia, and surgery, as well as primary in-hospital and on-call responsibilities
• Lameness and surgery focus
• Participated and assisted in lameness evaluations, joint injections, nerve blocks, radiology, ultrasound, endoscopy, thermography, and arthroscopies
• Caseload consisted of varying disciplines including: dressage, eventers, halter, western pleasure, and Thoroughbred racehorses
• Representative for practice at AAEP Avenues & OEPS
Led various projects within Credit Markets. Provided operational support to Loan Origination and Real Estate Securitization marketers
Provided technical and operational support to Structured Finance and Credit Risk traders. Products included a diverse set of complex credit default swap transactions and credit derivatives.
Pilot Intensive Language Study and Internship Program
As the initial student for their Japan program, provided feedback, methods to improve future students experiences.
Included a two month internship with a Japanese venture capital firm
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF EQUINE PRACTITIONERS (AAEP)
Ethics Panel Discussion Member
“Can Sport Horse or Racehorse Track Practice be Ethical?”
• Widely attended interactive question and answer forum
• Helped create a dialogue about ethics and realistic expectations for new and experienced veterinarians
• Covered a wide range of topics including; insurance fraud, unethical environment dilemmas, and welfare
January 2012 - August 2014
Leadership Development Committee
Identified future leaders within the AAEP for committees, task forces, and candidates for Board service.
January 2014 - December 2014
Racing Rounds Moderator co-chair
Moderated round table discussion at annual convention
October 2014 - January 2018
GRAYSON JOCKEY CLUB RESEARCH FOUNDATION
Research Advisory Committee Member
Begun in 1984, the foundation disperses over $1.5 million annually in grants to projects that support research into the health and welfare of the horse. Committee members represented all major clinical disciplines such as surgery, internal medicine, reproduction, and various academic disciplines.
• Discussed proposals with entire committee to assess the scientific quality and impact
• Scored each proposal based on scientific approach, overall impression, impact, feasibility
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: