I am a highly, dependable, motivated and committed Advanced Medical Support Assistant with more than fifteen years of experience with working in long term care assisting veterans, patients, and their families. Enthusiastic, dedicated leader, eager to contribute knowledge. I look to enhance any organization as well as the individuals that I interact with. I employ motivation as well as direct influence and resources to accomplish a mission. My strong ability to multitask and prioritize workloads with little or no supervision highly motivates me to handle diverse administrative functions efficiently and effectively . I am a detail-oriented professional team player looking to assist the team with delivering high quality results. I am eager to show and express i am proficient in all areas of clerical, skilled at building long lasting relationships and excellent at problem solving.
I am in the HOP (Higher Opportunity for Promotion) program which is a 6 month program which assists in different areas to help individuals get and maintain jobs.
• Advance knowledge in scheduling staff meetings for the Chief, HAS, which includes reserving conference rooms, preparing meeting agendas and sending out calendar invites.
• Reviews, researches, analyzes all accounts receivable records and documentation, to ensure all data maintained is accurate, current and proper based on Agency regulations, policies, Federal Laws and Directives.
• Complete the OF-41 Form and route correspondence through appropriate offices for Action/ Approval/Signature, prepare all travel request, Motor vehicle requests and Education Request for the Health Administration Service. (Chief, HAS, Chief, HIMs, Privacy Officer, Supervisors, Coders, ROI, Scanners, FEE etc.
• Maintains Fund Control Points and Government Purchase Card records as required by VA policy/procedure.
• Project Manager for all employee folders and maintain all employee folders for the HAS Department. This includes Appraisal forms, Competency forms,
• Primary Timekeeper responsible for the daily recording of employee's certified time consisting of 6 different TL's with over 160 employees.
• Enter all SF-52s for the HAS department into Web HR for the following Recruitment, Resignations, Cost Center Changes, Name Changes and Promotions.
• Coordinates, supervises and orients residents assigned through Incentive Therapy and Compensated Work Therapy to assist the Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist with assigned duties.
• Utilizes clinical skills by facilitating groups as needed in the MHRRTP on a variety of topics including coping skills, relapse-prevention, anxiety, etc. applying experience and knowledge of problems.
• Demonstrates the ability to work with residents who have a variety of physical, mental, emotional and behavior problems using different techniques.
• Appropriately identifies or resolves resident's problems or refers them to staff with specific clinical expertise. Provides crisis intervention in situations of a medical, psychiatric and/or behavioral nature.
• Responsible for processing and evaluating any incident involving the injury or abuse of any resident.
• Performs regular administrative functions, e.g. processes and Schedule residents for clearance, completes entries in communication log, and completes progress notes.
• Broad Knowledge of mental and psychological dysfunctional states and the treatment provided, psychiatric conditions and their treatment/care provided and alcohol and drug dependence and the rehabilitation process.
• Broad Knowledge of the aging process and its effects upon resident's level of functioning. Knows how to operate the AED and perform basic CPR.
• Provide bedside patient care by: Checking and recording vital signs; blood pressure and temperature, measuring patient's height and weight, collecting body fluids for testing purpose, collecting finger stick blood sugars, observing patient's responses and changes to medications, Assisting with bedpans and urinals.
• Assist patients with managing nutritional needs, Preparing and checking food trays, Feeding, Monitoring food intake, help patients with mobility by, managing personal hygiene and bathing, providing nail, hair and skin care, Assisting with dressing and undressing.
• Record patient information in manual and computerized logs. Turn and position patients as required, administer enema, douches and dressings as directed, performs a range of treatment procedures that can include using hot and cold packs; changing sterile dressings; monitoring intravenous fluids; changing intravenous tubing; inserting catheters; caring for patients in isolation; and setting up and giving treatments that require auxiliary equipment such as oxygen, suction, and respirator.
• Patient Charting Duties, knowledge of commonly used medical terminology, structures and functions of the human body as well as an understanding of illnesses and diseases.
• Knowledge of medical equipment, materials, instruments and supplies used in diagnostic and treatment procedures.
• Provides explanations and instructions in preparing for laboratory work, and specimen collection. Observes patients in active labor, blood pressure, post-partum and post-operative periods, checks dressing and symptoms.
• Instructs patient on pre- and postoperative procedures which were previously provided to the patient by the nurse or the doctor. After surgery, assists and instructs patient on how to keep the lungs clear. Instructs patient on how equipment is used (oxygen, suction, or respirator). Enters information about the patient's condition.
• Knowledge of common rules and procedures typically required to perform basic treatment, diagnostic and emergency procedures, personal patient care, charting and teaching duties to resolve common problems.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: