Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Responsible Youth Counselor dedicated to improving wellbeing behavior and coping skills of at-risk youth. Motivated to build effective working relationships with patients families and interdisciplinary staff to ensure needs are met and improvements are made in patient lives.
- Establish boundaries for children including positive and negative behavior responses.
- Utilize diverse interventions and counseling methods to model coping skills.
- Present individuals and groups with situations and effective responses.
- Analyze patient behaviors and conduct sessions focused on improving wellbeing.
- Collaborate with parents guardians and educational personnel on interventions.
- Assisted patients in developing life skills to handle daily and complex situations.
- Lead activities for youth groups to provide positive experiences.
- Provided crisis intervention services 24/7.
- Responded to patient and family questions and provided information on goals.
- Assessed patient conditions and made treatment recommendations.
- Met with youth and families to complete initial information intake.
- Helped management determine which individuals would best benefit from camp environment.
- Conducted weekly and daily sessions with campers to examine issues and develop treatments.
- Supported individual exploration of deep-seated issues and negative responses.
- Modeled positive behaviors and introduced coping techniques.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Youth Counselor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Youth Counselor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.