Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Dedicated Student Advisor with more than 7 years of experience in career services and student advisement. Possesses excellent relationships within the community to secure job placement opportunities for graduates; pursues all avenues to assist graduates during their job searches. Strong knowledge of the career development field with the skills needed in social media and designing promotional necessary to advance program goals.
- Provide career counseling and employment preparation services to students and alumni
- Advise students to develop job search and interviewing skills
- Assist with the administration and interpretation of career and vocational assessments
- Teach students to write resumes and other documents required for employment
- Develop and facilitate workshops on career development topics
- Coach students on how to market themselves and practice mock interviews with students
- Provide assistance to Head Student Advisor in planning and presenting career fairs and other career development events and activities
- Oversee with the training and supervision of part-time office staff and work study students
- Collaborate with both Academic and Student Affairs to offer specialized programs services and activities that support student success
Master Advising Certificate Program – Doeside University of Social Sciences
New Cityland Big Brothers Big Sisters Volunteer
Member – National Academic Advising Association
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Student Advisor job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Student Advisor resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.