Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Experienced Bookstore Clerk who has excellent customer service skills and follows the best seller lists. Adept at recommending books to customers maintaining inventory numbers and keeping the shelves stocked. Specializes in contemporary literature and children’s literature.
- Reads at least five books a month
- Stays up to date with all of the main best seller lists
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communicator with customers of all ages
- Adept at accurately keeping inventory and stocking shelves
- Strong at encouraging steady customers to refer the store
- Reliable and personable worker
- Responsible for maintaining contemporary literature inventory and keeping shelves stocked with the latest hits.
- Developed a reading area for children that increased business by 20 percent.
- Established strong bonds with regular customers that resulted in regular referrals.
- Responsible for opening the bookstore each morning and finalizing previous day’s sales figures.
- Recommended contemporary titles to be purchased based on research of best seller lists.
- Assisted in setting up marketing displays on the sales floor.
- Helped to design and set up the common reading area that increased foot traffic by 40 percent and increased sales by 20 percent.
- Developed the children’s reading area which helped to increase revenue by 10 percent.
- Recommended titles to be ordered based on best seller research and discussions with customers.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Bookstore Clerk job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Bookstore Clerk resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.