Use this professional created Flight Attendant job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Flight attendants work on airlines and primarily focus on assisting passengers. They provide food and beverages to passengers during a flight. They also work with the cabin crew to maintain safety. Before the flight departs, they demonstrate safety procedures and announce important information. In an emergency, flight attendants are required to help keep all passengers safe.
A good flight attendant job description should address key talents and expertise for the job. Of top importance is the ability to deliver incredible customer service. Flight attendants should also be strong and effective oral communicators.
To ensure safety, flight attendants have to have excellent judgment in emergency situations. Their attention to detail and ability to follow safety requirements must be outstanding. Because of the nature of the job, flight attendants should also be able to stand for long periods of time.
Flight Attendant Job Description Template
If you are looking for a job full of adventure, travel, and the chance to broaden your horizons, we would love to have you join our team of elite flight attendants. We have openings for friendly people who are passionate about creating the best experience for every passenger. As a valued member of our crew, you will enjoy competitive wages including per diem expenses and bonuses as well as travel discounts for yourself and immediate family members. Working as a flight attendant offers you many opportunities to meet and interact with a variety of people, strengthen your networking skills, and experience international cultures. Bring your enthusiasm and exceptional customer service skills to our team and enjoy the start of a long and rewarding career.
- Attend passengers and provide a high level of customer service throughout every flight by greeting each passenger and providing information about airline procedures, seat locations, and inflight services.
- Maintain all emergency equipment to ensure safety by verifying that fire extinguishers and oxygen systems are in working order, first-aid kits are fully stocked, and all items are easily located.
- Assist passengers in an emergency situation by announcing and/or demonstrating the use of seat belts, flotation devices, oxygen masks, and emergency exits.
- Prepare the plane for takeoff and landing following standard procedures such as walking the aisles to ensure luggage is stowed securely and all passengers have complied with appropriate federal regulations.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin during flights to serve food and beverages, assist passengers with lights, provide pillows and blankets, and respond to any questions or requests in a timely and safe manner.
- Prepare detailed reports following every flight including information on departure and destination locations, number of passengers, food and beverage sales, inventories of various hospitality items, condition of all cabin equipment, and accounts of any passenger issues.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least 18 years old with a high school diploma or GED
- Ability to complete on-the-job training and work within a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays
- Highly responsible and calm in high-pressure situations
- Extremely professional, well-spoken, and enthusiastic
- Hold a valid passport
- Previous experience in the aviation industry