Use this professional created Field Service Technician job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Field service technicians meet clients to troubleshoot and repair machinery. They work with clients to create a comprehensive and timely solution. In addition to resolving issues, technicians also perform routine maintenance and meet with clients every so often to ensure devices continue working efficiently.
To do this work, an applicant needs to have proper licenses and certification. Previous experience with mechanical operations is beneficial. Job candidates also need to demonstrate a thorough understanding of state health, safety and chemical regulations.
Customer service skills are essential and should be stated on your field service technician job description. Being flexible and having a willingness to adapt will also come in handy out in the field.
Field Service Technician Job Description Template
Are you a self-starter with field service technician expertise who exceeds customer service expectations? We would love to have you become a respected member of our team! You will drive service success with a goal of improving customer satisfaction, maximizing client retention, and increasing profitability. As a valuable installation and maintenance technician, you will also apply your high-level knowledge of science, mathematics, and technology to enhance client trust, build rapport, and drive yourself and your team to meet annual goals. If you want a career where your direct influence and opinions matter, then consider working for us. You will experience the excitement of fostering team unity as you work in close collaboration with management and fellow team members to create positive working relationships.
- Provide customer service and support during field visits and tie workflow to schedules to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Manage all on-site installation, maintenance, repairs and testing tasks to ensure proper documentation of all related processes.
- Diagnose errors and technical problems and determine proper solutions to produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Collaborate with the technical team and share information across the organization to build positive relationships with clients and coworkers.
- Satisfy customer needs by making appropriate recommendations and briefings using appropriate field automation systems, procedures, and protocols.
- Establish assistance by studying system requirements, including ordering and gathering essential components and parts, completing the installation, and performing quality assurance tests.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by using creativity and ingenuity to investigate complaints, identify resolutions, suggest enhanced operating techniques, and recommend system improvements.
- Service existing accounts by analyzing work orders, planning a daily travel schedule, reviewing concerns, conducting tests, and resolving problems.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Technical degree or certification
- High-level ability to test, troubleshoot, service, and repair automated equipment
- Ability to adapt to dynamic work schedules and flexible shifts
- Superb customer service, communication and self-management skills
- Familiarity with mobile applications and tools
- Awareness of chemical, health and safety issues