Use this professional created Terminal Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
People who are great at managing workers, organizing tasks and working in a fast-paced environment may be perfect for a terminal manager position. These managers must oversee and direct dispatching activities, such as routing, tracking and scheduling transportation vehicles. In addition, terminal managers must hold routine safety audits to ensure regulations are being followed.
In some cases, the terminal manager may be required to recommend and implement guideline changes in order to stay in compliance. This person must be well-spoken, as well as well-written in creating and training programs and material.
Since terminal managers must direct a team of workers, a terminal manager job description should be tailored for a person who has excellent leadership skills and is able to communicate with others in a constructive manner. The ability to multi-task, organize and delegate activities are also essential traits.
Terminal Manager Job Description Template
Are you an organized, experienced and highly-motivated terminal manager who is looking for an opportunity for growth within a forward-thinking organization? If so, you are sure to love the innovative, exciting and fast-paced environment we have created for our team members to enjoy. As a terminal manager, you will have the privilege of managing experienced professionals who follow a strict work ethic code and are eager to respond to your directions. Your efforts to streamline processes and improve efficiency will not be overlooked, and you will be generously compensated for your time, effort and innovative ideas. If you’re ready for a rewarding career opportunity with upward growth opportunities, we can’t wait to meet with you!
- Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organizational requirements and company procedures.
- Monitor and direct all dispatching activities, including tracking, routing and dispatching transportation vehicles.
- Conduct ongoing safety audits, meet with individual staff members, attend company safety meetings and participate or direct other work activities designed to promote work safety and encourage continuing education among staff members.
- Implement changes to transportation services, policies or scheduling as needed.
- Ensure staff members fully and consistently comply with safety rules, administrative procedures and policies, environmental policies, union contracts and government regulations.
- Initiate and direct investigations to resolve shipper or customer complaints and verify their authenticity and accuracy.
- Collaborate with staff members and fellow managers to create, modify and implement goals, procedures, policies and objectives when the opportunity presents itself.
- Establish and conduct monthly, quarterly or annual employee training sessions on a variety of subjects, including quality improvement, hazardous material handling, computer use and employee orientation
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of five years’ experience in LTL Sales/Operations
- Strong leadership and team-building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective organizational and multitasking skills
- Previous experience as a terminal manager
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
CREATE MY JOB DESCRIPTION
View More Transportation Job Descriptions