Use this professional created DevOps Engineer job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
A DevOps Engineer is responsible for interacting with members of the team to improve technology slack, engineers’ tools, and application stability and performance. They must design and execute technical projects to help create marketing opportunities and meet goals. DevOps Engineers may also assist the MaaS platform development team in seamlessly integrating their code.
There are some vital skills that every DevOps Engineer should have to be successful. This includes the ability to build and execute server, network and application status monitoring as well as the knowledge of software automation productions systems.
Your DevOps Engineer job description should indicate that you are looking for the most highly capable individuals to fill the position. These people should be comfortable working with software development methodologies.
DevOps Engineer Job Description Template
One of the central objectives of our company is to keep our team of hardworking specialists content and motivated. That’s why we need you, a devoted DevOps engineer, to be part of our superstar team. You will have the exciting opportunity to drive our capacity for triaging and handling operational issues while advising our team on the process of writing code and engineering systems that will make our entire codebase more reliable, testable, and scalable. You will also advance innovative and comprehensive tools and practices to improve deployment and testing. If you want to play an integral role in planning processes with the support of our entire engineering team, then consider working for us.
- Interact with team members to improve our engineers’ tools, technology stack, and application performance and stability.
- Establish, design, perform, and execute comprehensive technical projects to facilitate marketing efforts and goals.
- Assist the Monitoring as a Service (MaaS) platform development team to support the seamless deployment of their code.
- Employ an open-source collaborative development design to broaden each significant feature and compose clear descriptions and PR messages.
- Analyze, organize, and provide in-depth code reviews to improve applications dynamically and ensure the timely completion of projects.
- Resolve operational concerns through collaboration with upstream support groups and various engineering teams to plan updates on a quarterly or annual basis.
- Troubleshoot production issues to address technical commitments and boost sustainability.
- Expand the DevOps team by attracting exceptional teammates, and ensure their success by acting as a liaison between upper management and employees.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Proficiency in deploying and maintaining Java web applications
- Ability to construct and execute network, server, and application status monitoring
- Knowledge of software automation production systems, including code deployment
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies
- Previous experience with high-performance and high-availability open source web technologies