Cover Letter Templates to Get You Hired
At LiveCareer, we know the value of a great-looking cover letter. Our library of professionally designed cover letter templates includes something for everyone. Whether you are looking for a modern, professional, creative or traditional design, we have you covered.
As seen in :
Modern Cover Letter Templates
If you want a versatile cover letter with a sleek design, choose from our collection of Modern templates, which are equally suitable for corporate and creative workplaces.
Professional Cover Letter Templates
Professional doesn’t have to equal boring. Our attractive Professional cover letter templates are perfect for job seekers who are in search of a template that will work for a variety of industries.
Creative Cover Letter Templates
For job seekers who want their application materials to show a little personality, the Creative cover letter template will do the job. These templates will set you apart from the competition.
Traditional Cover Letter Templates
These time-tested templates use clear fonts and layouts that place the emphasis of your cover letter where it belongs — on your credentials.
What’s the Difference Between
Our Cover Letter Template Styles?
To make the right impression, it’s critical to choose a cover letter template that features design elements that are appropriate for the role you seek. Think about the industry as you consider our different design categories. Below, we outline the characteristics of each:
Why Choose a Modern Cover Letter Template?
Versatility is key for job seekers who plan to apply for roles across industries. For them, the Modern cover letter template works equally well in conservative and creative fields.
Choose a Modern cover letter template if:
- You seek to convey that you are on-trend but grown up.
- You want a template that works well across industries.
- You like a clean, well-organized document with a bit of flair.
Why Choose a Professional Cover Letter Template?
When you want to present a buttoned-up appearance to a potential employer, using a Professional cover letter template will help you convey your professionalism.
Choose a Professional cover letter template if:
- You aim to show off your professional nature.
- You like a template that is clean and not-too-flashy.
- Your goal is to have an employer focus on your qualifications.
Why Choose a Creative Cover Letter Template?
For professionals in creative fields, an imaginative design or splash of color can go a long way towards getting noticed by a recruiter or hiring manager.
Choose a Creative cover letter template if:
- You are applying for work in a creative field.
- You enjoy showing off your artistic flair.
- You want your application materials to stand out.
Why Choose a Traditional Cover Letter Template?
Choose a Traditional cover letter template if:
- You seek application materials with subtle design elements.
- You are applying for roles in buttoned-down fields.
- Your goal is to have your credentials noticed over appearances.
Cover Letter Success Stories
Using a Cover Letter Template
in 5 Simple Steps
- Choose a cover letter template that is appropriate for the job title you seek.
- Add your contact information, including your full name, phone number and email address at the top of your document. There is no need to add your mailing address unless you are hoping to relocate for the job.
- Address the letter to the hiring manager for the position. If there isn’t a name in the job ad, do some research on LinkedIn, the company website or call the office.
- Customize the opening paragraph by stating the position to which you are applying and how you came to know of the vacancy. If you were referred by a current employee, say so here.
- Next, explain your current role and responsibilities, and outline your relevant qualifications and skills in one or two body paragraphs. LiveCareer’s Cover Letter Builder will offer sample phrases and suggest keywords and skills as you work in the template. Use these as-is or as inspiration to write your own.
- Write a closing paragraph that thanks the reader for his or her time. Our builder will suggest a variety of courteous, professional closings with which to end your letter.
3 Tips for Choosing the Right
Cover Letter Template
Consider the industry and job title
Choose a cover letter design that is appropriate for the role you seek. If the opening is for a job in a creative field, consider a cover letter template with a pop of color. If it’s in a more conservative field, stick to a more buttoned-up design.
Evaluate the purpose of the letter
Cover letters aren’t just for job applications anymore. Whether you are looking to change fields, request an informational interview or just get your resume on file with a company you aspire to work for, you need to consider the nature of the letter when choosing a cover letter template. Always use a cover letter style that reflects the kind of job you ultimately want.
Keep length in mind
Entry-level workers or those entering the workforce after a long absence will have less to say in a cover letter than an applicant with many years of experience. Choose a cover letter template that will allow you to write your letter on a single page. A longer letter will work better with a template that features a smaller header, while a cover letter template with a larger header design can help make a shorter letter appear longer.
Next: Build a Better Resume!
You’ve crafted a killer cover letter — now write a winning resume! LiveCareer’s Resume Builder offers pre-written text suggestions, industry-specific skills and other tips to assist you in building a resume that will help you get the job you want.
Here’s how LiveCareer’s Resume Builder can help:
- Select from our attractive resume template options designed to fit every industry and style.
- Feel sure you’ve included critical information by using our professionally-written text and keyword suggestions.
- One-click formatting, plus a built-in spelling and grammar check, guarantee an organized document that is free of errors.