Want to use this letter?
City, State, Zip Code
Home : 000-000-0000 Cell: 000-000-0000
Dear Mr. Hanson,
I am writing to apply for the Package Handler position with Unique Gifts and More LLC. I am a shipping and logistics professional with over 10 years of experience working in warehouse and factory environments. In my current position as Package Handler for Hanson Meats I pack boxes check inventory slips for accuracy affix shipping labels and secure packages for shipment in addition to keeping detailed computer records of completed orders.
I am a fast team member who works with the utmost care and efficiency. I am also a self-starter able to see what needs to be done and to take on the task. Perhaps most importantly I am well-versed in warehouse shipping and logistics. Because I know the ins and outs of the business I am often praised by supervisors for my ability to save time money and frustration. It would be a pleasure to bring my know-how to Unique Gifts and More as a Package Handler.
I have no doubt you will find me to be an ideal candidate for the Package Handler position with your company. I hope you will contact me by phone or email soon to schedule an interview as I look forward to speaking with you. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a cover letter that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.
You should write a strong cover letter to accompany your resume when you apply for a job opening. If you are unsure of how to make your letter effective, you can read this package handler cover letter example. The list of do’s and don’ts can also help you avoid common mistakes that may impact your chances for securing an interview.
- Do use a strong, confident voice in your letter to convey your qualifications for the position you want.
- Don’t copy standard wording from other letter examples without putting your own spin on it. In our example, the word choice is professional and personal at the same time.
- Do have a friend read over your cover letter to look for any errors before you submit it.
- Don’t use the same cover letter each time. Each letter you write should be tailored to match the needs of the company with the opening.
- Do use metrics to demonstrate any relevant achievements you have earned in your work experience, as long as it is not repeated in your resume.
- Don’t overemphasize your education. A potential employer is more interested in your skills and experience rather than your transcripts.
Package Handler Advice
Searching for a job as a package handler? Take the first step with a professional cover letter. The cover letter examples we’ve developed will help you in building your package handler cover letter. Just click on any of the cover letter examples below to get started. . Take the next step toward getting hired with a job-winning cover letter–start today!
Cover Letter Tips for Package Handler
If you are looking for jobs as a Package Handler, it is important to develop your job seeking skills. With hard work, you should be able to secure the right employment for your needs. To help you during your search, use the following tips.
1. Network. This is one of the best ways to find a job. Ask friends, families, and previous co-workers if they have heard about any job openings. Also, take advantage of social events and career fairs where you can meet with others and discuss your job search.
2. Use social media to aid in your networking efforts and discover new opportunities. Sites like LinkedIn are a great resource for finding jobs.
3. Be persistent. The harder you work at finding a job, the better your chances are for success. When you have an opportunity, make sure to follow up consistently until you receive a definite no. Following up communicates your desire for the job and keeps you on the mind of the prospective employer.
4. Stay positive. You do not have to feel ashamed that you are out of work, especially in today’s economic climate. Many people are looking for work, and the right attitude can help you present a better image while networking or during an interview.
5. Know your options. It is usually easiest to find a job in your same field; however, it is becoming more and more common to look for work in other areas.
Package Handler Job Seeking Tips
Part of finding jobs as a Package Handler involves creating an appealing cover letter. Your cover letter is an opportunity to describe your top skills, qualifications, and experience. To create a cover letter that will attract the attention of today’s hiring managers, use the following tips.
1. A cover letter should be easy to read and scan. Make sure to divide it into sections and use lists and bullet points.
2. Include your contact information (city, state, phone, email) at the top of the cover letter so a prospective employer knows how to get a hold of you.
3. Do not worry about restricting your cover letter to one page. Two page cover letters are very common, especially if you have a lot of work experience. If you are a doctor or academic, your cover letter can be longer than two pages.
4. Avoid statements like ?responsibilities included. ” A cover letter is different than a job description, and the text should be action-oriented.
5. Read through your cover letter multiple times to check for errors in grammar, misspelled words, or irregular spacing. These mistakes are distracting to a hiring manager, and they can prevent you from securing an interview.