Structural Welder Resume Objective
A structural welder’s job revolves around construction and repair of buildings and other large structures requiring welding. Job duties include studying blueprints and schematics, physically transporting heavy equipment to job sites, and utilizing welding tools such as cutting and air arc torches. The work of a structural welder is often quite dangerous and requires a constant focus on safety; some locations may require specialized training or certification prior to employment. A well-written objective statement is necessary to detail any previous experience or knowledge in the field as well as your ability to function effectively in high-risk environments.
What The Structural Welder Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
It’s a good idea to describe your previous work performed in construction or welding specifically as well as any dedicated training you have received. Consider discussing your familiarity with the tools of the trade, your comfort working on large-scale construction projects, and your understanding of the necessity for safe work habits. Some general qualities which pertain to this type of work can include physical strength and coordination, attention to detail, and the ability to communicate and work well within teams.
Sample Structural Welder Resume Objectives
Use your objective statement to highlight your qualifications for the position but make sure to also convey your genuine interest in working with the employer you’re applying to. Refer to the company by name to display your focus and commitment.
1. Seeking position as a structural welder for ABC Company to utilize good physical strength and coordination plus strong knowledge of power tools and construction.
2. Experienced structural welder seeks opportunity at ABC Company to apply two years of job knowledge and comfort working in dangerous environments.
3. Construction worker seeks structural welder position at ABC Company to apply acquired knowledge of heavy tools, safe work habits, and time management skills.
4. Obtain position as structural welder at ABC Company which will benefit from hard work, safety focus, and ability to read and understand blueprints.
5. Structural welder seeking employment opportunity with ABC Company to utilize three years of experience, comprehensive knowledge of welding tools, and firm grasp of safety principals.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.