Resume Template Download
Do you have great skills and experience but you aren’t sure where to start? Writing an impressive resume that will stand out among the rest can be intimidating. Make your task that much easier by trying out our resume template download. Without having to worry about the structure of your resume, you can simply “fill in the blanks” and focus on selling your best self. Put yourself out there with peace of mind and start applying for the job you want with the help of our resume template download.
Select a Resume Template to Customize
Tips for Personalizing Your
Resume Template Download
In a competitive marketplace with many qualified individuals, standing out can seem impossible. Accurately expressing your capability and work ethic is important to getting the hiring manager’s attention. Try these tips for a professional and striking resume.
- Don’t overcomplicate your format. Many employers use Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) to weed through potential hires. Complex graphics, tables or special characters will confuse an ATS, and any acronyms or misspellings could cause you to be overlooked. You need to be able to make it past this system to get your resume looked at by a human much of the time. Make sure valuable information is not hidden in stuff the computer cannot understand. Use our resume template download to simplify your format.
- Make a statement about yourself. Your resume should start with a summary of who you are and what you do. Use approximately three sentences to solidify your brand to the employer. Show them why they should ask you for an interview.
- Include skills relevant to the job you’re applying for. If you can explain why a certain skill will make you a more desirable candidate, do it. Otherwise, a completely unrelated ability will go unnoticed at best.
- List the details of your experience in bullet points. Make these easy to read through and look back on. Full paragraphs of information are untidy and will only serve to frustrate the hiring manager, if he or she even bothers to read them.
- Show off your accomplishments. Ask yourself what you accomplished for previous employers and answer those questions. Did you solve a problem or increase profits? Did you get any awards or contribute to any successful projects? You want to show your potential employer what you are capable of doing for him or her if you’re hired.
- Include any additional certifications or licenses under your education section, or give them their own section. These accomplishments are every bit as important as your work history and education, especially if they are relevant to the position you are applying for.
Most Popular Resume Templates
Users find our resume templates helpful
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.