Community Development Officer Resume Objectives
A Community Development Officer works with municipalities, cities, or neighborhoods to promote growth, vitality, and health for the area. These individuals commonly work with social service agencies, non-profit organizations, and financial institutions to help strengthen the community. Part of this job involves developing programs for the community relating to recreation, health, housing, education, and job assistance. To secure a job as a Community Development Officer, it is important to include an objective at the top of your resume.
What The Community Development Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The resume objective for a Community Development Officer should describe previous experience working with a city or local government. This role requires knowledge of urban planning and economics, and your objective should describe any experience or knowledge you have in these areas. A good resume objective will clearly identify the reasons you are the right fit for the job.
Sample Community Development Officer Resume Objectives
Your objective should state the name of the city, neighborhood, or company that you are seeking employment. When you do this, it is obvious that you are serious about the job opportunity. You can use the five sample objectives as a guide to help you create yours:
1. Looking for work with the city of ABC as a Community Development Officer to utilize urban planning degree, expertise in economics, and to help advance the community.
2. People-oriented manager seeks career opportunity with ABC neighborhood as a Community Development Officer to use communication skills, hard work ethic, and love of community.
3. Obtain a job as a Community Development Officer with ABC company to utilize 10 years experience working with local cities, relationship building skills, and superior planning skills.
4. Seeks job with ABC company as a Community Development Officer to use bachelor’s degree, five years work experience, and to contribute to the health of the city.
5. Self-starter with the ability to get things done and a desire to improve the community seeks work as a Community Development Officer with the city of ABC.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.