A Community Development Officer works with municipalities, cities, or neighborhoods to promote growth, vitality, and health for the area. These individuals commonly work with social service agencies, non-profit organizations, and financial institutions to help strengthen the community. Part of this job involves developing programs for the community relating to recreation, health, housing, education, and job assistance. To secure a job as a Community Development Officer, it is important to include an objective at the top of your resume.
What The Community Development Officer Resume Objective Should Tell Prospective Employers
The resume objective for a Community Development Officer should describe previous experience working with a city or local government. This role requires knowledge of urban planning and economics, and your objective should describe any experience or knowledge you have in these areas. A good resume objective will clearly identify the reasons you are the right fit for the job.
Sample Community Development Officer Resume Objectives
Your objective should state the name of the city, neighborhood, or company that you are seeking employment. When you do this, it is obvious that you are serious about the job opportunity. You can use the five sample objectives as a guide to help you create yours:
1. Looking for work with the city of ABC as a Community Development Officer to utilize urban planning degree, expertise in economics, and to help advance the community.
2. People-oriented manager seeks career opportunity with ABC neighborhood as a Community Development Officer to use communication skills, hard work ethic, and love of community.
3. Obtain a job as a Community Development Officer with ABC company to utilize 10 years experience working with local cities, relationship building skills, and superior planning skills.
4. Seeks job with ABC company as a Community Development Officer to use bachelor’s degree, five years work experience, and to contribute to the health of the city.
5. Self-starter with the ability to get things done and a desire to improve the community seeks work as a Community Development Officer with the city of ABC.
Head over to LiveCareer’s Resume Builder for more help with writing a resume objective.
Manager of Community Development @ Baker Ripley
Encouraging manager and analytical problem-solver with talents for team building, leading and motivating, as well as excellent customer relations aptitude and relationship-building skills. Proficient ...
19 yrs 3 mo
Community Development Intern @ Harris County Community Services Department
Ambitious student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Management and Public Administration eager to contribute developed knowledge in Community Development Intern role. Skilled in Team leadership...
6 yrs 4 mo
Community Development- Family Learning Specialist @ NATIONAL CENTER FOR FAMILIES LEARNING
Dedicated professional committed to addressing housing disparities that affect the health of communities. Team player committed to leading equity-focused programs, project management and housing polic...
5 yrs 10 mo
SENIOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MANAGER @ American Cancer Society
PROVEN SKILLS Demonstrated ability to establish trusting relationships with influential high-profile community leaders Engaging and effective public speaker Ability to train others in the use of compu...
19 yrs 9 mo
Senior Community Development Technician @ City Of Thousand Oaks
Highly ambitious Senior Community Development Technician with 12+ years experience in permit processing while providing exceptional customer service both internally and externally. Current ICC Certifi...
27 yrs 1 mo
Build a resume with LiveCareerBuild my resume
As seen in*
*The names and logos of the companies referred to in this page are all trademarks of their respective holders. Unless specifically stated otherwise, such references are not intended to imply any affiliation or association with LiveCareer.